The Student Room Group

How much money do you spend in a week?

Scroll to see replies

£5 a week after rent and bills and travel
Original post by OU Student
Not everyone has included rent in their calculations. (I get mine paid for me) But unlike most people, I don't go out like that. I only really buy food and train tickets. I shop in Lidl and Aldi; so don't spend that much on food.

I hardly spend any money on grocery shopping so I can go out with friends instead.£70 per week leftover after rent/bills is difficult to live on. I just go to Tesco Express if my fridge is becoming empty.
If we exclude rent and bills then i try budget around £75 per week.

- £100 per month for food and toiletries
- £100 per month for travel, gym, phone
- £100 per month general spend
Depends on how I am feeling that week.

Sometimes next to nothing, sometimes waaaaay too much.

Also depends on what I encounter that week. If I walk past a book shop, and arts and crafts shop (Hobbycraft :sogood: ), The Body Shop or one of those quirky shops with all manner of interesting things... best believe I am going to leave broke.
(edited 8 years ago)

I don't pay rent
my rent is £110/week, food is £50/week and entertainment is £100/week that puts me at £260/week.... I'm really jealous of those that can actually make it work on less than a tenner
As little as possible.
Im trying to save as mu h as possible at the mo.
Its kinda hard to say

I don't eat much when my boyfriends not around tbh. I'm a lot better at being healthy now but last year when i started uni I would go days on end just occasionally eating a cherry tomato or a raw mushroom. Now my boyfriend (who eats constantly) is around a lot, i eat wayyy more because he tends to cook for both of us, but I still don't spend that much on food honestly unless I've been eating out.

anyway i could easily go a week and only spend like 5 pounds on food maybe

my biggest issue is alcohol, tobacco and clothing.
I very much enjoy drinking with my friends, I also rinse through baccy quite quickly. I am also a self proclaimed addict to expensive clothing brands, whilst i try to limit myself to only one piece of clothing a month (ideally bi monthly), it'll likely cost a pretty silly amount for a piece of clothing. Its probably my biggest vice.

so a week could be anything from 5 pounds to well over a hundred depending on how much ive been drinking/smoking and if ive treated myself that week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending