The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

"International Development" or "Int Dev and the environment" ?

Hi!
I have been accepted for a place in International Development with oversees experience at uea. However I'm really interested in the environment and think that Int Dev and the environment might suit me more. When I look at the modules for the two courses, it seems that it doesn’t make much difference in termsof modules? Is there a big difference in what youstudy, apart from the name of the course? And if I would want to change, howeasy would that be?

Thankyou!!!
Original post by uni!!!
Hi!
I have been accepted for a place in International Development with oversees experience at uea. However I'm really interested in the environment and think that Int Dev and the environment might suit me more. When I look at the modules for the two courses, it seems that it doesn’t make much difference in termsof modules? Is there a big difference in what youstudy, apart from the name of the course? And if I would want to change, howeasy would that be?

Thankyou!!!

Firstly, let me just say that I don't study this course, so in terms of actual content, I don't know - hopefully someone else can help you out with that!

What I can say though, is that even if the 1st year modules look the same, they may then diversify for 2nd/3rd year. This is because of many of them being pre-requisites. For example, bio and ecology students have overlap modules for year 1, but then split off for year 2 and 3... Make sure you look at modules for ALL the years you'll be studying...

In terms of changing, you'll need to call up the admissions department, and speak to them - whether they'd allow it could depend on the demand for the other course. However, if you did change, then they don't have to offer you exactly the same as you've currently got...!

Sorry I can't help in more detail though!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
We agree with Mobbsy91, take a look at the course profiles on the website to get a better feel for what you will be studying. This applies to any course you're interested in:

BSc INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND THE ENVIRONMENT - https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/bsc-international-development-with-environment-and-society#course-profileTab

BA INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT - https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/ba-international-development#course-profileTab

Some of those courses will be similar but will also give you different options for your free choice modules. As Mobbsy91 says you should speak to our admissions department if you're still deliberating :smile:

Quick Reply