The Student Room Group

Are these universities realistic or too risky?

Hello! I want to (hopefully) study geology at university.

My GCSE grades are 6 A*s, 5 As, 1 B and 1 C.

For my AS levels I got AAAB and an A* in EPQ. (I dropped one of the A's as the B subject is much more relevant.) I'm predicted A*AA.

I'm kinda planning to apply to these unis:
Bristol, Edinburgh, Durham, Southampton and Manchester.

Do I have a realistic chance of receiving offers? Or should I spread out my options more?
Original post by dixietrix

For my AS levels I got AAAB and an A* in EPQ. (I dropped one of the A's as the B subject is much more relevant.) I'm predicted A*AA.

Do I have a realistic chance of receiving offers? Or should I spread out my options more?

I think you have a pretty good chance given your predicted grades but you do need a couple of less competitive unis in case you get rejected or do notget the necessary grades. Perhaps 3 of these and 2 lower graded unis.
Original post by swanseajack1
I think you have a pretty good chance given your predicted grades but you do need a couple of less competitive unis in case you get rejected or do notget the necessary grades. Perhaps 3 of these and 2 lower graded unis.

Manchester and Southampton are low enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your chances look fine :smile: You just have to make sure your PS lives up to that.
Original post by dixietrix

Looks absolutely fine, I wouldn't be surprised if you got 5 offers (obviously I can't guarantee that though).
Reply 5
Thanks guys :smile: I need to think about it some more, but thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending