The Student Room Group

Med schools abroad which have a student loan and accepted by GMC?

i was gonna go to Czech republic to do medicine and i was offered a place but i just couldn't afford it and there was no student loan either anywhere else i could apply where there is a normal student loan system and i can practise medicine without having to do that crazy exam by the GMC? i was gonna try Bulgaria but apparently the student loans are done through normal banks and not like the government here :frown: i don't mind having to learn a new language can anyone help me pleaseee??
You won't have to do the PLAB if you study in the EU, but I sincerely doubt that there is a country out there where unsecured loans are easily available to non-residents.
Reply 2
Original post by AkshayKishor
i was gonna go to Czech republic to do medicine and i was offered a place but i just couldn't afford it and there was no student loan either anywhere else i could apply where there is a normal student loan system and i can practise medicine without having to do that crazy exam by the GMC? i was gonna try Bulgaria but apparently the student loans are done through normal banks and not like the government here :frown: i don't mind having to learn a new language can anyone help me pleaseee??

If you're prepared to learn a new language then do a lot of research on which countries fit your qualifications (different countries require different subjects and will also convert and weight your grades slightly differently) and how much you'd be paying in tuition and living costs. E.g. it's all well and good learning German because it only costs about 200 euros per semester (AFAIK), but if you don't have qualifications (in terms of both subjects and grades) that will get you in, it's rather pointless. I'm afraid I don't know very much about what you'd need to get in in Germany, though that would be my first country to investigate if I were you, simply because of size, usefulness of language, how common it is for foreigners to study there, etc.

As an EU citizen there will likely be a way for you to make yourself eligible for some sort of student finance equivalent in each EU country, but exactly how easy it is will vary (and it's unlikely to actually be easy, or a particularly safe bet, anywhere). Usually it involves being registered as an EU migrant worker (and meeting the requirements for hours worked tied up in that, which will likely be difficult as a full time med student).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending