markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone doing this A2 coursework I think it's OCR. It's where you have to go find a client (store/business manager) and talk to them about their system/database and you have to come up with a better design/solution to its flaws. Has anyone else just made up a client? I really don't believe people have actually legit done this unless like their parent's owns a business.
smackitintheair
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've done it, just used a teacher
df2397
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I done it this year, last month found out I got 65/80
smackitintheair
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My teacher won't tell me what i got, he said that it's not necessary for me to know, so annoying!
How are you finding the theory?
TaBs_65
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thinking about commiting after seeing the specification!
AWatson1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TaBs_65)
Thinking about commiting after seeing the specification!
i will be if wales win anorl
markovchain17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by smackitintheair)
My teacher won't tell me what i got, he said that it's not necessary for me to know, so annoying!
How are you finding the theory?
sorry for late reply but I've finished it now There'sjust so much to remember for the theory tbh I have done poorly in the exam and I got about 48/80 in the coursework so perhaps a D overall
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by eternaforest)
sorry for late reply but I've finished it now There'sjust so much to remember for the theory tbh I have done poorly in the exam and I got about 48/80 in the coursework so perhaps a D overall
hiya i'm going into my second year, any advice for coursework and theory?
markovchain17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by thaliawaters)
hiya i'm going into my second year, any advice for coursework and theory?
My advice would be, do as much of the database as possible but it doesn't have to be 100% working as you can fake the screenshots in your documentation since you don't actually need to hand in your database file, just screenshots and annotations of it. I pretty much made up all of mine so feel free to blag here and there if you need extra marks. For theory, well I did terrible at that and can't remember anything of it but make sure you borrow out the OCR textbook for it and just make notes. Sorry I don't have much good advice to offer, I did end up with an E overall in ICT :laugh: oh and i guess the website teach-ict.com is another good resource as it is specifically for the a level courses.

There are actually two different courseworks for A2 ICT: the one i did and another one which i heard involves making a web page so if you're doing that one, i've heard it's a lot easier than the one i did
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aw no i'm doing the database and already I know i'm going to struggle!! No, Thank you very much for the advice, nice to know they don't actually need the file and I can cut myself some slack and start making things up But congrats anyway for getting through it, it's not the nicest of subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads