what a levels to take if I want to go into finance or psychology

Watch this thread
FlyingBird
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I'm having to pick my a level courses and want to make sure I pick the right subjects, that are respected and won't restrict me. At GCSEs I am currently doing RS, maths, both English, maths, triple science and psychology, food technology, geography and German.
I would definitely like to go to a top universitiy and am currently wantimg to do something to do with finance/money or psychology.
What Alevels would you recommend. Thanks!
LaughingKitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Business Studies is usually a good start if you want to do an Accountancy course, and with that I suggest taking Maths, too. For Psychology, well, choose Psychology
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For psych most uni's want two sciences (maths is included as a "science" I believe) - you don't NEED psychology A Level but would be pretty handy obviously. Something along the lines of psych biology and maths would probably be the perfect combination

For accountancy you almost 100% need maths, other than that nothing specific. Suggest looking at some uni's websites you're interested in and see what they say

I'd make your mind up and choose either or, though. They're very different subjects and if you try and compromise so you have the option for both you may find that it's too varied and you don't have options for either
iss123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
take these options pal

physcology a level
maths a level
accounting a level
business a level

or

btec level 3 business (equivalent to 2 a level and is piss easy , no exams and lets you go into top unis with less effort)
maths a level
physcology a level

or

btec level 3 applied biology ( equivalent to 1 a level and lets you get into top uni,)
physcology a level
maths a level
business btec level 3

or

btec levels 3 medical science ( equivalent to 2 a levels and lets you get into top uni,)
physcology a level
maths a level

or

business btec level 3
btec level 3 applied biology ( equivalent to 1 a level and lets you get into top uni,)
physcology

or
business btec level 3
btec level 3 medical science ( equivalent to 2 a levels and lets you get into top uni,)

if i were you i would choose the 3 option

all the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads