Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay everybody whotook AQA Englsih lang today, in the question whre it said:

"How does Steinbeck shape the response of the reader" - or something along those lines, what kinds of things did people write?

And for the last question on Section A about Steinbeck and language, I can't remember the exact question, it was the 7 mark question, anybody remember? If so ,what did you write?

Also the very first question, about how he develops his view on the conditions on the ranch? What did everybody write?

Ive forgotten everything because an hour after the english exam I had a Geography exam, so my mind immediately became preoccupied with Geog.

If anybodys got any info, please reply. Will give reps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamal1425)
    Okay everybody whotook AQA Englsih lang today, in the question whre it said:

"How does Steinbeck shape the response of the reader" - or something along those lines, what kinds of things did people write?

And for the last question on Section A about Steinbeck and language, I can't remember the exact question, it was the 7 mark question, anybody remember? If so ,what did you write?

Also the very first question, about how he develops his view on the conditions on the ranch? What did everybody write?
    the 7 marker was the shaping the readers response question. i wrote that he used many negatives, used humour and changed from using positive ajectives at start to negative ones at end to leave the reader with a negative viewpoint. also i put that he used syntax for effect, eg at end: ending with guns.

there was a thread about this earlier:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t47013.html

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is that other thread but i wanted to ask different questions and i thought it would be better to start afresh.

Wasn't there another question about how he uses language?

ReputationRep:
    there were two questions with two parts and three parts each.
    1a was the main points steinbeck made. (8 marks)
    1b was something i cant remember. (4 marks)

2a and 2b were the about the leaflet and the photo, not sure which way round. (4 marks each)
    the fifth one was the how steinbeck uses language to shape the response (7 marks).

maybe 1b was the other language quesstion you refer to. can anyone else help?

ReputationRep:
    If i remember right 1.b was about the leaflet, something about how would it affecct people's decisions to work for the company.

The only questions about the piece by Steinbeck were 1.a) - 8 marks and 2.c) 7 - marks, as well as the one where you had to use the photo.

ReputationRep:
    can i just ask everyone a question?
    right well i do drama instead of eng lit so i havent studied mice n men. almost half of the language paper tht we did this morning was based on the extract by steinbeck who wrote mice and men. the lit groups in our year all did mice n men as their book therefore they seemed to find it really easy whereas i found it quite hard - btw im not thick im predicted good grades! i just thought it was unfair tht they got an advantage as they knew the background to the piece whereas i just had to go by what was on the page! :mad:
    sorry for ranting jst a bit cross!! anyone else in same position as me or who did mice n men as their booky thing?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather2)
    can i just ask everyone a question?
    right well i do drama instead of eng lit so i havent studied mice n men. almost half of the language paper tht we did this morning was based on the extract by steinbeck who wrote mice and men. the lit groups in our year all did mice n men as their book therefore they seemed to find it really easy whereas i found it quite hard - btw im not thick im predicted good grades! i just thought it was unfair tht they got an advantage as they knew the background to the piece whereas i just had to go by what was on the page! :mad:
    sorry for ranting jst a bit cross!! anyone else in same position as me or who did mice n men as their booky thing?
    xx

The extract wasn't from of mice and men though... I didn't do of mice and men for lit though, anyway it doesn't matter that exam was kinda weird anyway - I was expecting newspaper extracts... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

The extract wasn't from of mice and men though... I didn't do of mice and men for lit though, anyway it doesn't matter that exam was kinda weird anyway - I was expecting newspaper extracts... :rolleyes:
    yes, it was from the making of man or something like that

ReputationRep:
    lit ppl seemed to think that it was somehow linked to mice n men though n that they could use bits from mice n men to support answer. :confused: yeah i was expecting newspaper article as well! oh well! lol
    xxx

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.