The Student Room Group

Trying to return 5 years after graduation...

Hello,

I am completely lost... I graduated with a degree in spanish and history in 2011 and have found myself doing nothing but regret the decisions of my 17 year old self and wishing I had done something more useful.

I am very keen to find myself a place as a bursar for the NHS doing physiotherapy - but if that fails I would be able to take loans for sports science, nutrition ... anything that will get me a job in the health sector. But I don't know where to start.

I have A level biology (C grade) along with 2 As and a B in non science subjects (but these date from 2007), plus a BA from 2011. Other than that my post-uni work experience is limited to ESL teaching abroad.

Any advice on this, or advice as to where I can go for answers, would be hugely appreciated.
Original post by RoseFroze
Hello,

I am completely lost... I graduated with a degree in spanish and history in 2011 and have found myself doing nothing but regret the decisions of my 17 year old self and wishing I had done something more useful.

I am very keen to find myself a place as a bursar for the NHS doing physiotherapy - but if that fails I would be able to take loans for sports science, nutrition ... anything that will get me a job in the health sector. But I don't know where to start.

I have A level biology (C grade) along with 2 As and a B in non science subjects (but these date from 2007), plus a BA from 2011. Other than that my post-uni work experience is limited to ESL teaching abroad.

Any advice on this, or advice as to where I can go for answers, would be hugely appreciated.

One place to start might be your university careers service - they often provide ongoing support to alumni, and they will know the current structure of the jobs market.
Reply 2
Original post by RoseFroze
Hello,

You need to find out whether you would be eligible for state funding if you were to do a degree like physiotherapy, and you also need to find out what the entry requirements would be. You may need to consider taking an A level or relevant OU course to qualify you, but only the unis can tell you what they would accept. Your A levels and degree will be relevant to your application, but it may be that you will need more grounding in the science subjects than these provide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending