Referencing help?

Watch
TLS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've never done referencing before and I'm slightly freaking out. Could anyone please help in telling me how to reference a short quote from a Criminology book in an essay and a bibliography? I think it's MLA style referencing. I'm absolutely lost and stressing out!

Any help would be fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TLS)
I've never done referencing before and I'm slightly freaking out. Could anyone please help in telling me how to reference a short quote from a Criminology book in an essay and a bibliography? I think it's MLA style referencing. I'm absolutely lost and stressing out!

Any help would be fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surely your university has a referencing guide.
TLS
Rep:
?
The only referencing textbook has been in use since last week and my assignment is due on Wednesday. I don't understand the MLA referencing site either. Referencing is completely foreign to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The best guide to MLA - from Northampton Uni's website. Download it, save it and print it out.
Then read it fully - this is an important bit of 'skill' you need to get right as you will be using it for the next three years!
http://skillshub.northampton.ac.uk/2...rencing-guide/
TLS
Rep:
?
More than perfect, thank you! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (79)
26.69%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (59)
19.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.47%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.74%

Watched Threads