Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok guys i need help ... im worried bout wat im gonna do at A levels next year .... my phys teacher screwed me this year or i would have only done all my a levels in one year ... ok my situation is tht by the end of this month ill have finished

Chem A level
    Pure Math A level
    Physics AS Level

all edexcel board with all predicted A's.... my skool only offers these subjects at a levels ( international skool):

Mathematics
    Further Mathematics
    Business Studies
    Economics
    Commerce
    Accounting ...
    and the 3 i mentioned above

now i have to stay back do complete my A2 in phys but i dont know whihc other subject to take ... im very good at math... and was thinking of taking further math in p4 , p5 , p6 s1 m1 and m2
    now this idiot friend of mine comes and tells me tht its not possible to have ceritificates in both Pure math and Further Math ...

my maths teacher isnt really sure coz of the syllabus changing next year and all ... and the principal .. suffice it to say hes a doofus ...

please tell me tht wat my friend says is ******** and i can take further math again next year

sorry for wasting ur time if u think this poist is stupid

ReputationRep:
    If I were you try and take further maths but also take Economics or Business then you got some variation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    ok guys i need help ... im worried bout wat im gonna do at A levels next year .... my phys teacher screwed me this year or i would have only done all my a levels in one year ... ok my situation is tht by the end of this month ill have finished

Chem A level
    Pure Math A level
    Physics AS Level

all edexcel board with all predicted A's.... my skool only offers these subjects at a levels ( international skool):

Mathematics
    Further Mathematics
    Business Studies
    Economics
    Commerce
    Accounting ...
    and the 3 i mentioned above

now i have to stay back do complete my A2 in phys but i dont know whihc other subject to take ... im very good at math... and was thinking of taking further math in p4 , p5 , p6 s1 m1 and m2
    now this idiot friend of mine comes and tells me tht its not possible to have ceritificates in both Pure math and Further Math ...

my maths teacher isnt really sure coz of the syllabus changing next year and all ... and the principal .. suffice it to say hes a doofus ...

please tell me tht wat my friend says is ******** and i can take further math again next year

I know, that you can take the old syll. exam up to June 2005, so that should mean ur clear and ready to go, and besided i heard, that P3 is the hardest in the Pure maths series, so go on ma freind....

btw, i was woundering if YOU could help me?
    I was thinking of taking P3,M2,S1 as my A2 course and take the exams in January, then take P4,M3<D1 or M4 or S2> for AS further maths, in 5 months(between Jan and JUNE> is it feasbale? (SPELLIN?!?!?!)

ReputationRep:
    ... ok my situation is tht by the end of this month ill have finished

Chem A level
    Pure Math A level
    Physics AS Level

Sounds like ******** to me. I took Applied A and then further but I dont' see why pure then further shouldn't work. He if definitely wrong if you don't certificate pure maths this year, then the module combinations don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    I know, that you can take the old syll. exam up to June 2005, so that should mean ur clear and ready to go, and besided i heard, that P3 is the hardest in the Pure maths series, so go on ma freind....

btw, i was woundering if YOU could help me?
    I was thinking of taking P3,M2,S1 as my A2 course and take the exams in January, then take P4,M3<D1 or M4 or S2> for AS further maths, in 5 months(between Jan and JUNE> is it feasbale? (SPELLIN?!?!?!)
    well i havent done mechanics myself buti have gone through a lot of s1 and s2 papers and books .. theyre very easy ...
    from wat i heard my firneds say bout mechanics m3 is a hard module ... whereas 1 2 and 4 are easy ... hope tht helps

thnks for the supprot man ... gotta ask my stupid prinicpal to confirm though

ReputationRep:
    well i havent done mechanics myself buti have gone through a lot of s1 and s2 papers and books .. theyre very easy ...
    from wat i heard my firneds say bout mechanics m3 is a hard module ... whereas 1 2 and 4 are easy ... hope tht helps

thnks for the supprot man ... gotta ask my stupid prinicpal to confirm though

ReputationRep:
    Firstly Just to be clear I assume that your Pure maths A-level is P1-P6.
    If so then you have a couple of options.
    (i) dont cash in and take 6 more modules next year (say m123,d1,s12) and the exam board will award you Maths and further maths A-levels.
    (ii) Cash in your Pure maths Now, And believe it or not your bank is cleared, and You can now sit the P456 again and Use them for a second A-level (FM). The only thing that needs checking is as to whether you can include 2 AS ( M1 and S1) in a FM qualification, I dont think that you can but need to see the edexcel spec again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    Firstly Just to be clear I assume that your Pure maths A-level is P1-P6.
    If so then you have a couple of options.
    (i) dont cash in and take 6 more modules next year (say m123,d1,s12) and the exam board will award you Maths and further maths A-levels.
    (ii) Cash in your Pure maths Now, And believe it or not your bank is cleared, and You can now sit the P456 again and Use them for a second A-level (FM). The only thing that needs checking is as to whether you can include 2 AS ( M1 and S1) in a FM qualification, I dont think that you can but need to see the edexcel spec again.
    thanks
    it says ... fp1 , fp2 , fp3 and three applications units .... i think even AS Modules from statistics and mechanics apply then ...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.