The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Human Biology and Psychology dual honours!! Anyone know what this course would be like to study? :biggrin:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
How likely will midwifery be in UCAS Extra for your university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NewestPharm
How likely will midwifery be in UCAS Extra for your university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi NewestPharm,

Unfortunately we do not go into UCAS Extra for Midwifery asit’s an extremely popular course at Keele.
Are you considering any of the other courses we offer? There are a few suggestions on this page: http://www.keele.ac.uk/nursingandmidwifery/undergraduatestudents/midwifery/#tabs-12
Please let us know if we can help you further.

Thank you,
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Hi folks, still to submit your UCAS application? Don't fret!

Here are Emily's top tips

I've just applied to study Pharmacy at Keele, but I haven't heard anything back, all I've received is an email of acknowledgement. How long does it normally take for a response? I really want Keele to be my firm because I just fell in love with the place and I'm terrified that I'll be rejected without being offered an interview :frown:
Original post by RebeccaHughes
I've just applied to study Pharmacy at Keele, but I haven't heard anything back, all I've received is an email of acknowledgement. How long does it normally take for a response? I really want Keele to be my firm because I just fell in love with the place and I'm terrified that I'll be rejected without being offered an interview :frown:

Hi

Don't worry, It shouldn't take too long for them to get back to you and the next interview day for pharmacy is on the 16th January. If you have any questions about pharmacy at Keele or the uni in general I'm happy to answer them :smile:

Samera
Third year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. I got my offer from Keele the day after I sent off my UCAS, and Keele is growing on me a lot. With that being said, I'm not sure if it'll be my firm as I need to visit the department on the offer holders open day.
Original post by AcademicDope
Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. I got my offer from Keele the day after I sent off my UCAS, and Keele is growing on me a lot. With that being said, I'm not sure if it'll be my firm as I need to visit the department on the offer holders open day.

How long ago did you send your UCAS off? Mines been gone three weeks now and still nothing! I'm really starting to freak out now though :/
How long ago did you send your UCAS off? Mines been gone three weeks now and still nothing! I'm really starting to freak out now though :/

It's been close enough to two months now since I sent off my UCAS application. I've received all of my offers within a month of sending, although I was prepared to either get rejected by some or having to wait until next year to receive the rest.
It's been close enough to two months now since I sent off my UCAS application. I've received all of my offers within a month of sending, although I was prepared to either get rejected by some or having to wait until next year to receive the rest.

Okay, thank you, I have two offers and an interview in January, I just have to hear from Keele and Bradford, although I have a feeling that Bradford are going to reject me. At least I know that I'm not the only one waiting to hear from Keele though
Okay, thank you, I have two offers and an interview in January, I just have to hear from Keele and Bradford, although I have a feeling that Bradford are going to reject me. At least I know that I'm not the only one waiting to hear from Keele though

I hope the interview goes well and hopefully you'll get the last two some time soon!
I hope the interview goes well and hopefully you'll get the last two some time soon!

Thank you, I think it'll be the new year before I hear anything now though :/
Reply 72
Original post by Daydreamer <3 xx
Hi

Don't worry, It shouldn't take too long for them to get back to you and the next interview day for pharmacy is on the 16th January. If you have any questions about pharmacy at Keele or the uni in general I'm happy to answer them :smile:

Samera

Hi Samera could you please explain what the interview for pharmacy consisted of and possibly Aston (also one of my other inerviews) if you applied to that
Original post by blauder1
Hi Samera could you please explain what the interview for pharmacy consisted of and possibly Aston (also one of my other inerviews) if you applied to that

Hi

The interview day at Keele consists of the interview itself (with a member of staff and a current student), a short talk, a tour of the main pharmacy facilities, lunch and a chance to ask any questions to the staff or students.

I would recommend that you know your personal statement inside out, wear something smart and be polite and friendly. Everyone who gets an offer have the potential to get the grades so that's not important on the day. You really have to show your your enthusiasm for the course and the uni. Perhaps research a little about what makes us unique as a pharmacy school, ask questions on the tour and simply show us that you will be an asset to Keele and their reputation of having happy and friendly students.

It's normal to be nervous but out of all my interviews the one I had at Keele was the most relaxed. I actually ended up talking to the lecturer about cats in the interview 😂 so it can't get much worse than that! Just be the best version of yourself that's honestly the best advice I can give you.

I did have an interview at Aston but can't remember much of it. The was the talk, tour and interview which is the same as Keele but if I remember right there was also a situational test thing too. You should have received a letter explaining it if they still do it.

Hope this helped :smile: if you have any more questions I'm happy to help.

Samera

Posted from TSR Mobile
YAY, got a conditional offer for LLB Law (Single Honors):smile:
Congratz! Will it be your firm? :biggrin:
Just got a Unconditional offer to Study at Keele a Major in History and Minor in Geography even though I was one grade below requirements yay!
So happy with my Keele offer! Cannot wait to study Law there and enjoy the amazing campus! Any other law applicants on this thread?xx
Reply 78
Hi, I'm currently doing an access to H.E course in Humanities; I'm a mature student and have so far achieved 15 distinctions. I'm very interested in studying the MSci Forensic and Analytical Investigation course with a science foundation degree, would the access course be enough for me to be accepted onto the course?
Original post by asan.ziaqat
Hi. Just wanted to know how long it takes to hear back for Adult Nursing? KEELE is my dream uni and it's been a few weeks since I sent my UCAS off. Is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you got an interview for keele yet?

Quick Reply

Latest