This discussion is closed.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just a reminder that the UCAS deadline for all Medicine courses is Thursday 15 October.

* Your fully completed UCAS application must be at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time).

* Do not underestimate the time that it will take for your school/college to check your application, and for your referee to add their reference. Remember, teachers/tutors are busy people and they are currently writing more than just your reference.

* Make certain your school/college understands that your course has an earlier closing date - don't just assume they do.

* And remember, the last few days/hours get very busy on the UCAS site - get your application in at a few days before the deadline for your own peace of mind.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Yes folks, that means the UCAS deadline is next Thursday ........
TAgirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good Luck to all the applicants this year!
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
This will be your last weekend to get your application finished - the UCAS deadline is on Thursday.
angiephann
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think this is a silly question but I'm so paranoid about the whole application, I just sent my application (14/10) and I recieved an email saying it will take ucas 48 hours to process it and send it to my choices, is that fine as my choices will then get my application on the 16th of October?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
(Original post by angiephann)
I think this is a silly question but I'm so paranoid about the whole application, I just sent my application (14/10) and I recieved an email saying it will take ucas 48 hours to process it and send it to my choices, is that fine as my choices will then get my application on the 16th of October?
Don't panic.

Its the 'sending it to UCAS' bit that has to happen before 6pm Thursday - and you've done that.
Lionheartat20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Don't panic.

Its the 'sending it to UCAS' bit that has to happen before 6pm Thursday - and you've done that.
Has he sent it to UCAS as surely he would not have sent it to UCAS himself?
I thought it has to be sent to UCAS via your referee before 6pm Thursday (I may be wrong?) - The part that you do only sends it to your referee?
Does he mean he received an email to acknowledge that his referee has sent his application to UCAS?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lionheartat20)
Has he sent it to UCAS as surely he would not have sent it to UCAS himself?
I thought it has to be sent to UCAS via your referee before 6pm Thursday (I may be wrong?) - The part that you do only sends it to your referee?
Does he mean he received an email to acknowledge that his referee has sent his application to UCAS?
Sending it to your referee is meaningless. It has to have been submitted to UCAS by the deadline.

If the OP has received an acknowledgement email from UCAS that means they have received it.
Lionheartat20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Sending it to your referee is meaningless. It has to have been submitted to UCAS by the deadline.

If the OP has received an acknowledgement email from UCAS that means they have received it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHhRHrI4HVM
The reference is added after you submit your application, correct?
Then the video above states that "The reference must be in the applied system before the deadline". Not just your application.
UCAS send you an acknowledgement that you have sent your application to your referee too, as far as I am aware.

You are almost certainly correct as this was many years ago for me, so I'll leave it there
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
The application, and ALL Its elements, must be totally complete/finished and the entire FINISHED application sent to UCAS by 6pm on Thursday.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.61%
Excited but a bit nervous (127)
44.88%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.72%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.79%

Watched Threads