The Student Room Group

Can I appeal?

I've previously had 2 years of funding from student finance, but I dropped out of university because of mental health issues and the fact I couldn't cope with university life.

I've applied for CPR to get a year back but been rejected every time because apparently my evidence was for the 2014/15 year and I wasn't at uni in 2014/15 (although I stated many times in my letters and doctors letter it was for 2013/14).

When I've rang student finance and got my rejection letters they say that I don't have enough evidence for that year. I've been asked if I was seeing a doctor during that time while I was at university, and I said no, because I was too busy trying to keep myself from doing something stupid and my anxiety made sure I couldn't see a doctor. Then I've been told by student finance cause I didn't see a doctor during 2013/14 I can't claim CPR.

I'm seeing a doctor now and my depression and anxiety didn't just suddenly appear after university it's been there for a long while.

Can I appeal against this decision because I truly think it's discrimination against mental health and it's unfair that I can't get student finance because of this.
Hi,

If you're looking to make an appeal then email [email protected], remember to quote your customer reference number and state the academic year the appeal refers to. You'll also need to tell us why you believe our assessment to be unfair and provide any evidence you feel supports your case. The turnaround time for an appeal is 5 working days for an initial response followed by a further 15 working days for a full response. As for evidence we can accept - was there anybody at the University you spoke to about what was happening? If they can write you a letter, signed and on headed paper, outlining what happened and how it affected your studies then we may be able to award you an extra year.

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending