The Student Room Group

What is ACCA thinking behing F1, F2, F3 and FAB, FMA, FFA

For someone who has no relevant qualifications or experience to be able to enrol directly onto the full ACCA qualification will have to enrol on the FIA Diploma in Business Accounting.

On the FIA Diploma they will need to complete the FAB, FMA, and FFA exams. Once they have passed those exams they will be awarded the FIA Diploma and, at that point, will be able to join the full ACCA qualification. Also, once they join the full ACCA qual they will be exempt from the F1, F2, and F3 exams.

F1 is the exact same as FAB
F2 is the exact same as FMA
F3 is the exact same as FFA

So why can't that same person enrol on the full ACCA qualification in the first place. Whether you go the FIA Diploma route or the full ACCA straight off you will have to complete the same exams, no more, no less.

If it is a case of potential capability then the candidate will have the same chance as passing/failing the F1, F2, F3 full ACCA exams as they will via the FIA Diploma, as, again, they are the exact same exams.

I just don't understand the ACCA mind-set on this approach. Does anyone know the reason for this?
Reply 1
Does anyone know? I feel that unless I understand why ACCA have taken this approach I may be missing something as it just doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending