The Student Room Group

Josef Goebells!

what was his role before 1933? i only wrote about what he did with propaganda the media and marches of the SS etc. is that just completely wrong?
Reply 1
which board?
Reply 2
yorkie1221
what was his role before 1933? i only wrote about what he did with propaganda the media and marches of the SS etc. is that just completely wrong?

He controlled Nazi Propoganda, so you obviously need to focus on how he controlled them through the mass media & culture- art, music etc. Would also be useful to relate this control to the levels of resistance and how it improved nazi chances and support.
Reply 3
Fry
He controlled Nazi Propoganda, so you obviously need to focus on how he controlled them through the mass media & culture- art, music etc. Would also be useful to relate this control to the levels of resistance and how it improved nazi chances and support.

Interesting that you feel the NSDAP experienced resistence in the period before 1933. Admittely this was a key factor after they consolodated their power but before?!? :confused:
Reply 4
Leekey
Interesting that you feel the NSDAP experienced resistence in the period before 1933. Admittely this was a key factor after they consolodated their power but before?!? :confused:

I mean more general resistance movements within Germany, for example there were minor levels of passive resistance- non cooperation, refusing to join the party etc and the well documented communist oppostion aswell as the army plots (General Beck & Von Stauffenburg) aswell as the youth groups like White Rose. These seem to have been affected by the propoganda campaign- ordinary citizens were largely unaware of the truth due to the propaganda and so the more active resistance groups had difficulty gathering support especially as Hiter was democratically elected.

The propganda campaigns continued from hitlers consolodation of power to his final demise.

By Nazi Chances and support I meant there chances of remaining in power sucessfully (Hitler not being assasinated) and mainting a base of support within Germany to avoid public-revolution.
Reply 5
safc26
which board?

I don't see how that affects the answer to the posed question.
Reply 6
samdavyson
I don't see how that affects the answer to the posed question.

It does as the posted question does not talk about the time period within which the student should discuss - this is what the board decides.

Latest

Trending

Trending