Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If i finish my medical degree, would i be able to work in the city in finance/economics?

I just finished my first year, and didnt know whether to quit but i figured by the time i applied and started uni it would be the same time as me finished my BMMS degree. But surely a Medicine degree would be ok compared to a BSc/BA?

Should i do a levels in economics/ accounting, or do a postgrad in economics?

It is my ambition to work in either london or NY when i grad.

What do you reckon?

Cheerz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doowop)
    If i finish my medical degree, would i be able to work in the city in finance/economics?

I just finished my first year, and didnt know whether to quit but i figured by the time i applied and started uni it would be the same time as me finished my BMMS degree. But surely a Medicine degree would be ok compared to a BSc/BA?

What do you reckon?

Cheerz
    There's an artical in BMJ careers - either 5 June issue or the one before (can't remember which) whic talks about what you can do with a med degree - there was some blurb about brokering etc in there.

ReputationRep:
    Part I & part II of the article i think Fluffy's referring too.. my dismal anatomy learning at the moment has prompted me to procrastinate, find them & read them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Part I & part II of the article i think Fluffy's referring too.. my dismal anatomy learning at the moment has prompted me to procrastinate, find them & read them..
    Go practise on boatie boy! I've passed now, so don't need to worry about it, but am just doing a little revision this afternoon down by the river...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doowop)

What do you reckon?

Cheerz
    Yes I know two medics who went off to work in the City and one young GP who jacked it all in to do HR. It happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Yes I know two medics who went off to work in the City and one young GP who jacked it all in to do HR. It happens.
    Makes you wonder why they do a med degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Makes you wonder why they do a med degree.
    This is what happens when you make people choose to become medics or not at age 16! Too young to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    This is what happens when you make people choose to become medics or not at age 16! Too young to decide.
    Yup, pity isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I am pround of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I am pround of you
    Hehe Fluffy is pround of me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Hehe Fluffy is pround of me!
    arsch! I'm tired! It's been a hard week! And I had a cheeky gin at lunchtime = final nail in the coffin. I am ready for my bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    arsch! I'm tired! It's been a hard week! And I had a cheeky gin at lunchtime = final nail in the coffin. I am ready for my bed
    It's alright. No-one has ever been pround of me before. I am honoured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    It's alright. No-one has ever been pround of me before. I am honoured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Go practise on boatie boy! I've passed now, so don't need to worry about it, but am just doing a little revision this afternoon down by the river...
    i've sadly had to banish him..his prelims finished yesterday..so he now has nothing but fun to indulge in & i should be revising rather than tempted!

although taking tomorrow off from all revision..as it's another gemini's birthday..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    i've sadly had to banish him..his prelims finished yesterday..so he now has nothing but fun to indulge in & i should be revising rather than tempted!
    Wasn't he at the Oriel Ragatta?

You can get into the city with pretty much any degree. I would probable help if you did an Economics MA or something, so ther's no reason you wouldn't get a placement with a medical degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Wasn't he at the Oriel Ragatta?
    spectating perhaps (there were a few entries form our college) but racing i don't think so & tomorrow is my birthday, hence i demand to be pampered rather than watch rowing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)

although taking tomorrow off from all revision..as it's another gemini's birthday..
    this forum's full of geminis! Elles, you have the same birthday as my lil sister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)

Oooh, I forgot that! Happy Birthday tomorrow - by then I will be so sleep deprived I may not be able to be coherent, so have a good one. I take it his ban is lifted for one day?

I has been watching boaties all day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oooh, I forgot that! Happy Birthday tomorrow - by then I will be so sleep deprived I may not be able to be coherent, so have a good one. I take it his ban is lifted for one day?

I has been watching boaties all day...
    Yeah, but you've been watching Tab boaties who cheat all the time. And use their blades in a violoent manner. Cheating Tabs...

Happy Birthday Elles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Yeah, but you've been watching Tab boaties who cheat all the time. And use their blades in a violoent manner. Cheating Tabs...

Happy Birthday Elles.
    Poor losers.

Just because your cox can't steer, doesn't mean we should stop and let you past us. And how d'you explain the rest of the 6 lengths?

Only one violent blade incident today that I saw, and one crash. More exciting than Eights.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.