How to prepare myself for the November resits?

Watch this thread
_aisharx
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So, I'm resitting English Language and Maths GCSE. I need to get a B in IGCSE Cambridge Maths and a C in Maths. My exams are only a month away. I feel a little stressed because I have only just joined college and I have found out about the resits. Do you have any advice? I have got past papers, but are there any more tips to prepare myself for the exams? I get stressed easily and it's hard managing everything at the same time. I have to take 4 other subjects alongside with Maths and English. Also, I have a personal finance exam in November. So, I have to revise for English language by myself because it is a separate exam board.
Black Rose
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by _aisharx)
So, I'm resitting English Language and Maths GCSE. I need to get a B in IGCSE Cambridge Maths and a C in Maths. My exams are only a month away. I feel a little stressed because I have only just joined college and I have found out about the resits. Do you have any advice? I have got past papers, but are there any more tips to prepare myself for the exams? I get stressed easily and it's hard managing everything at the same time. I have to take 4 other subjects alongside with Maths and English. Also, I have a personal finance exam in November. So, I have to revise for English language by myself because it is a separate exam board.
Maths:
Makes sure you know everything, steps to solve things etc.
Find out the formulas already given to you, make sure you know the ones you won't have given to you.
Practise exam questions & past papers, as many as you can!
Invest in a revision guide/textbook/workbook to practise questions/find out how to solve things.
There may be some youtube videos that you can find that can explain things

English:
Have a look at the specification
Practise skills (e.g summary writing, finding devices (whatever the exam is testing))
Try exam questions & use mark scheme
Look at examiner reports too (it can be pretty useful)
Haven't had a look or used these, but the study resources from the exam board might be helpful: http://www.cie.org.uk/cambridge-for/...udy-resources/ (Is it the CIE IGCSE English First Language one?)
And if you're really struggling then a tutor?
_aisharx
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Black Rose)
Maths:
Makes sure you know everything, steps to solve things etc.
Find out the formulas already given to you
Practise exam questions & past papers, as many as you can!
Invest in a revision guide/textbook/workbook to practise questions/find out how to solve things.

English:
Have a look at the specification
Practise skills (e.g summary writing, finding devices (whatever the exam is testing))
Try exam questions & use mark scheme
Look at examiner reports too (it can be pretty useful)
Haven't had a look or used these, but the study resources from the exam board might be helpful: http://www.cie.org.uk/cambridge-for/...udy-resources/ (Is it the CIE IGCSE English First Language one?)
And if you're really struggling then a tutor?
Thank you! This is really helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
32.63%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (44)
46.32%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (19)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.05%

Watched Threads