Has anyone got onto a physiotherapy course with the level 3 sports science Btec

Watch
Charlotte_a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently doing the sports science btec extended diploma and I am just wondering wether anyone has had any university offers for Physiotherapy courses? And if you have what universities? Thankyou
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma (QCF) (Suite known as nationals)
General information on subjects/grades required for entrycience (biologically-related and which may include Sport and Exercise Science)
Required grades:Grade Distinction and grade Distinction and grade Distinction.
General information on subjects excluded for entry:Applied Science will only be considered alongside A Level Biology, Human Biology, PE or Sports Science grade B OR a Health or Sport related BTEC
This is Bradford. A couple of others want Biology A level as well
shah-alam
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I am currently in Year 11 applying for colleges I have applied for one college with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Sports and Exercise Science, i am just wondering would this degree be sufficient enough to be accepted with the required grades. Also what other BTECs do university's accept for Physiotherapy?
Vindaloovians
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
According to Sheffield Hallam:

"128 UCAS points from three A levels (including at least 40 points in either Biology, Human Biology or Physical Education) or BTEC National Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science. We do not accept AS levels. We do not accept General Studies."

So yeah, you'll be fine.
Sheffield Hallam University
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shah-alam)
Hi, I am currently in Year 11 applying for colleges I have applied for one college with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Sports and Exercise Science, i am just wondering would this degree be sufficient enough to be accepted with the required grades. Also what other BTECs do university's accept for Physiotherapy?
Hi shah-alam

As Vindaloovians said, yes you will be fine with applying to us! :bigsmile:

Good luck with your application!

Reanne
username3162850
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte_a)
I am currently doing the sports science btec extended diploma and I am just wondering wether anyone has had any university offers for Physiotherapy courses? And if you have what universities? Thankyou
Hey,

I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam ... so just wanted to say if you need any advice about the application processes or just want to chat about the University, I'd be happy to help!

Good luck
Mohammad sawlih
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey
Mohammad sawlih
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by annablagg)
Hey,

I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam ... so just wanted to say if you need any advice about the application processes or just want to chat about the University, I'd be happy to help!

Good luck
I'm currently on the btec sport level 3 extended diploma course and wanting to get D/D/D will that be enough for me to do physiotherapy at a college in United Kingdom. What is the exact requirement because I really want to do physiotherapy but I only recently read that they don't accept level 3 extended diploma so I'm worried and unsure what to do. Please help.
Sheffield Hallam University
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Mohammad sawlih)
I'm currently on the btec sport level 3 extended diploma course and wanting to get D/D/D will that be enough for me to do physiotherapy at a college in United Kingdom. What is the exact requirement because I really want to do physiotherapy but I only recently read that they don't accept level 3 extended diploma so I'm worried and unsure what to do. Please help.
Hi Mohammad sawlih,

Our Physiotherapy course at Hallam has entry requirements of 128 UCAS points from DDM in a BTEC Extended Diploma in a relevant subject.
You can find information on making sense of UCAS tariff points here and use the UCAS tariff calculator to work out your points by using the drop down menu to select your qualification and grade.

You can find more details about this course here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.
- Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things โ€“ I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads