The Student Room Group

Right of sex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM713
Friendly banter of course, 'I got no beef with you', simply curious about peoples' understanding of love.

Thank god, all good haha. One moment I was casually joking around all confused then the next I was like, hang on a sec, am I getting roasted here? All in good fun :smile: In truth I am far too young to know the true meaning of love yet... ask me again when I am about 85.
Reply 21
I use adultwork
Original post by GodAtum
Yes, I've never found a girl who I'm suitable for. I have shelter, food and water, so love should eb the 4th basic right.

Love being a right doesn't mean that you are entitled to have a woman in your bed every night.... we don't live in the Game of Thrones age
Reply 23
Original post by GodAtum
I've always said that people have a right to find love, along with all the other basic human rights. Finding love is the only one that I am denied.

The question is "Does love actually exist?"
No, we do not have a 'right to sex' as we have a right to autonomy. It would be a contradiction to hold both rights as one would have a right to say 'no' to sex, and at the same time infringe on the rights of another to say the same thing.

One does have a right to 'find' love I suppose, covered by autonomy and I guess the good ol' 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,' but that stops as soon as it starts to infringe on someone else's liberty or autonomy. In other words you can't force someone to love you and/or **** you.
Original post by Sparster
Everyone's definition may differ. Isn't it kind of subjective?

What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending