The Student Room Group

What sort of guys do women go for?

Pretty straight forward question. I am 22 and have never been in a serious relationship, I have dated a few times but it has never gone anywhere serious and now it's affected my confidence. I'm constantly being told "you're a great guy, you've just not found the right person" but it's getting to a point where I'm sick and tired of hearing it. Personally I would say I'm not bad looking, I'm 6 foot 3 with blue eyes and is fit and healthy. I am also funny and can get a laugh out of just about anyone, so am I doing something wrong? Or is it just that women don't like guys like me and if so what do women like in guys?
WELL. :daydreaming: I like clever, smart, handsome, confident, cuddly, nerdy, humble, old fashioned men with similar goals in life. :girl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Which ever one will have them. :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
A man whose teeth are extremely yellow, laughs like a hippo and looks like a zebra. Illiterate moron.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't know if you're doing something wrong without meeting you. Every woman likes a different type of guy.
My 'dream guy and the guys I acc fall for fall under two different descriptions :tongue:

Dream guy: tall, christian, mature, any race (preferably asian) intelligent, funny, has the ability to make me smile like crazy, similar interests, half confident/half shy, conversationalist, cute smile :tongue:

Guys I acc fall for: height is never an issue because they are always taller than me rofl, faith isn't an issue because when I fall for a guy its not serious anyways lmao, they're always older so are kind of mature, average intelligence which is fine, funny, has the ability to make me smile like crazy, dissimilar interests which is cool because im welcomed into new things, usually quite confident, not always a converstionalist, cute smile AND are always so fricking sexual like no I don't wanna have sex with you

Yet
:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mary562
A man whose teeth are extremely yellow, laughs like a hippo and looks like a zebra. Illiterate moron.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you wouldn't, stop trying.:indiff:
Reply 7
Above all: CONFIDENCE/independence. Also he has to be "worth" a relationship -- committed rather than loose/likely to cheat, funny (!), on the road to a successful life/career (ambition is HIGHLY attractive). That's my main checklist! :smile:

I should probably add gorgeous eyes to that list. 😍 And a cute smile.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mary562

Posted from TSR Mobile

well then im the bucktoothed zebrapotimus your looking for. Derp Derp

:colone:

OP whichonver one they want to
Guys who don't make these forums.
From my past experiences I know there's no set guy as far as personal features and race.

But the men I normally tend to want are older than me
sophisticated, svelte, debonair, like they typically wear brogue shoes and suits, or blazers; or thermal sweaters like he's keeping warm in his office or something.
Short or neat long hair, and prefers to wear lots of facial hair.
A man of status, education, class, morals, principles.

Basically a handsome professional. You can be any colour and speak any language primarily just...be handsome and a professional. You don't have to necessarily be religious, sometimes I think I would prefer a man who isn't :indiff: But someone of morals and values still.
It's so variable from woman to woman we can't define everyone's preferences! As long as you aren't arrogant, sexist, racist or anything like that no one should have a problem with you. Of course there's someone out there for everyone, and maybe you just haven't found them yet. I know it's hard to understand but please don't worry, I have no doubt you're still young and there is plenty of time to find someone.
Everyone likes different things, so none of these posts is going to answer for all women.

Personally, I fall for intellectual guys who are driven, ambitious and open-minded, nerdy, caring, and thoughtful. Confident but not arrogant. Someone with similar interests. A guy who isn't afraid to show their true personality and stay true however quirky they are. Cares about his health and well-being and is clean and neat. Doesn't smoke, take recreational drugs or drink excessively although that tends to follow from the previous point.

As for specifics like eye/hair/skin colour, etc... I don't care! I've crushed on guys from all over the world with all sorts of different looks. If he has all or most of the above, I am gone. :sexface: :sexface:

If he looks like Adonis but hasn't got the stuff, then no thanks. Bye! :hand:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by silverbolt
well then im the bucktoothed zebrapotimus your looking for. Derp Derp

:colone:

Every girl can dream about the sort of guy they want but realistically that doesn't happen irl.

I put that sort of description so my point could come across.

But good to know mate. Why don't you brush your teeth? :dong:
Original post by Mary562
Every girl can dream about the sort of guy they want but realistically that doesn't happen irl.

I put that sort of description so my point could come across.

But good to know mate. Why don't you brush your teeth? :dong:

cos then ive always got something to snack on. :eek:
Original post by Mary562

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez, who ruffled your feathers? :K:
6'3= Check
Blue eyes= mmm...
Fit and healthy= Great!
Funny= Orgasms....

Either your lying, or the women around you are blind! :biggrin:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
6'3= Check
Blue eyes= mmm...
Fit and healthy= Great!
Funny= Orgasms....

Either your lying, or the women around you are blind! :biggrin:

I'm not lying I genuinely am 6'3" with really blue eyes and I go to the gym every day of the week. And as for funny loads of people say I'm like Chandler Bing.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not lying I genuinely am 6'3" with really blue eyes and I go to the gym every day of the week. And as for funny loads of people say I'm like Chandler Bing.

I don't really know what the problem is tbh....:redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I don't really know what the problem is tbh....:redface:

Whatever the problem is it's starting to get me down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending