Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi

just wonderin how many ppl on here doin the exam on tuesday for unit 4?

personnaly i think one of the physical qus r gonna b 2 do with a synoptic chart and u r going to be asked to assess weather at different places and explaining why the weather is like that etc...

ne1 else got ne ideas - i.e. what hasnt come up 4 a long time etc?

has the Korup project come up?

btw for those of u who havent visited this website - strongly recommend it

http://www.ace.mmu.ac.uk/eae/english.html

quite helpful with cold fronts, warm fronts, depressions etc - i.e. weather and climate
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    hi

just wonderin how many ppl on here doin the exam on tuesday for unit 4?

personnaly i think one of the physical qus r gonna b 2 do with a synoptic chart and u r going to be asked to assess weather at different places and explaining why the weather is like that etc...

ne1 else got ne ideas - i.e. what hasnt come up 4 a long time etc?

has the Korup project come up?

btw for those of u who havent visited this website - strongly recommend it

http://www.ace.mmu.ac.uk/eae/english.html

quite helpful with cold fronts, warm fronts, depressions etc - i.e. weather and climate
    Unit 4 in January had the following
    Section A Q1 Air masses (winter), forecasts affecting human activities
    Q2 Levels of biodiversity by country and environmental importance of 1 global system
    Q3 Pressures on ecosystems and role of an organisation in ecosystem management
    SectionB Q4 Variations in Infant deaths and systems approach to population change
    Q5 Commodity dependence,change in terms of trade and factors assissting process of globalisation
    Q6 Wealth of countries and companies (data comments) and changes in structure and location of econ activity in ONE area studied.
    SECTION C Q7 Tonnes CO2 emitted per person (fig) and ref to variety of scales why is it difficult to reduce CO2 emissions
    Q8 Earth's 10 Commandments - env, econ and demog reasons underpinning these; choose ONE commandment & eval strategies being used to achieve outcome
    Q9 Environmental Sustainability Index 2002 -suggest and justify env, econ and demog indicators which might have been used to produce this index and with ref to ONE of Atmosphere, Biosphere,Population, Economy explain why progress towards a sustainable future is slow
    Another good websites is www.earthtrends.wri.org

ReputationRep:
    thanx ...

but wat do u think is likely to come up this yr that hasnt come up? have el nino come up?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing edexcel A2 physical geography next tuesday...El Nino came up a couple of years ago...I'd rather not answer on atmosphere if I can avoid it. Glaciation and ecosystems much easier. My teacher is convinced that atmosphere is marked more generously though...as fewer students answer it.

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or is any1 else finding this module really hard to revise for? There just seems to b so much!!

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by Glaciation? what does that include?, don't think that i have been taught it

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh...im on edexcel A...the atmosphere and ecosystems sections are pretty much the same tho.

ReputationRep:
    god i'm doin this bloody geog thing on tues too...so much to revise, but yeh my geog teacher basically said that most people don't do the weather question n do forest ecosystems or whatever thinking its easier, but its easier to gain marks on the weather cos fewer peeps do it. thats wot im doin anywayz
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    yeh theres so much 2 revise!! i thort geog meant was 2 b ''easier '' than other subjects - oh well!!

i think its important to do both ecosystems and climate cuz either cud b in cross modular (ecosystems more likely thou i think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissy)
    I'd rather not answer on atmosphere if I can avoid it. Glaciation and ecosystems much easier. My teacher is convinced that atmosphere is marked more generously though...as fewer students answer it.
    Just thought I'd mention that I did the unit 4 paper in January, and it's possible to completely avoid the weather and climate questions. I didn't even bother revising for that section (not advisable, obviously), and still managed to come out of it with an A.

It may be that the atmosphere questions aren't marked more generously, but that the higher level candidates are more likely to attempt it - so scoring more marks. But I wouldn't approach the paper on that assumption; just revise the stuff you have to, and answer the questions you are most comfortable with

ReputationRep:
    its all to do with luck

in jan - 1 climate and 2-ecosystem qus

so june likely to be 2-climate 1 -ecosystem qus

but ecosystem can be linked into cross modular a lot easier

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.