___
16Characters....
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dooderman)
Afternoon guys. Or evening, rather.

I'm taking Mathematics as an external student this summer through the AQA exam board, and I need to know What the exam codes are for the 4 "Pure Core" units, as well as "Forces" and "Motion" Units from the Mechanics strand. I hope I understood the AQA website correctly.

Many thanks.
There are no "Forces" and "Motion" units. The units will be "Mechanics 1", "Mechanics 2" etc.

All of this information will be contained within the specification, available here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...60-W-SP-14.PDF
username2125037
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
___
16Characters....
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a little confused by "Mechanics 1B." What does the "B" mean? Thanks for your reply, but I can't find which ones Forces and Motion are...
Forces and Motion are not a module, they are a description of what mechanics modules contain in general. To be honest I am an MEI student so I cannot advise you on AQA module specifics. Does the spec not describe the difference?
username2125037
Rep:
?
___
16Characters....
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I looked on the AQA website, and it said, "Mechanics Branch, three units in it...forces, motion, and energy." No exam codes, or anything...
They are not units. That is AQA describing the sorts of things that classify mechanics. These things will be covered in the mechanics modules, but they are NOT the names of the modules. The mechanics modules are Mechanics 1B (I have no idea why it is 1B when there is no 1A) , Mechanics 2, Mechanics 3 etc. You do not have to take all, just Mechanics 1B and Mechanics 2 in order to get an A Level (obviously with Pure Core 1-4).

Section 3.3 of the specification I sent you (on page 12) contains the codes for each module.
username2125037
Rep:
?
___
16Characters....
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks man. I hope it's a bit more straight-forward in the textbook, and actually says Mechanics 1 & 2 in appropriate sections.
Good luck. Hopefully someone with AQA specific knowledge will drop in and give you some info.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads