The Student Room Group

North East Thames or South Thames Foundation School

Hey all, wanted to ask for peoples' opinions on North East Thames and South Thames Foundation School. Any preference over which and why (unless location is the only reason)?

Would love to hear from current F1s or F2s- how have you been finding working there? How is teaching/support? Enjoying the area?

Look forward to reading any replies, doesn't matter if it's about the London or outside of London hospitals, got some important decisions to make soon!

Thanks all!
Reply 1
I spent 4 years working in South Thames, so have sampled several of the hospitals there! Great experience, very hard work, especially in some DGHs which were just overwhelmed by too many patients, but I learned a lot in my time there. Nowhere in London is cheap to live, but there are some areas which are more affordable than others. Transport connections south of the river are generally not as good as north, but I managed fine with the tube and buses.
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice. I seem more keen to choose South Thames ahead of North East.

Any chance you know much about Oxford, East Anglia or West Midlands Central deaneries? In terms of location, East Anglia is the closest to where I live, but I would rather go to an area with better learning opportunities, teaching etc.?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending