D1 in a month?

Watch this thread
youreanutter
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
basically i am doing further marhs and coping well with fp1 and finding m1 okay but m2 is a nightmare and i am really struggling and i have heard if i was to spend a whole week just doing d1 with the textbvook and online videos after a short period of time i would be able to achiveve a good grade in it(a solid B grade)is this possible as i have seen people on here attempt it before so i would like to know how long it takes to self teach this further maths edexcel a level module D1 and how hard it is compared to the other modules
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by youreanutter)
basically i am doing further marhs and coping well with fp1 and finding m1 okay but m2 is a nightmare and i am really struggling and i have heard if i was to spend a whole week just doing d1 with the textbvook and online videos after a short period of time i would be able to achiveve a good grade in it(a solid B grade)is this possible as i have seen people on here attempt it before so i would like to know how long it takes to self teach this further maths edexcel a level module D1 and how hard it is compared to the other modules
A week of nothing else (with enough sleep, eating, exercising etc) it should be possible. In my class it was taught for 1.5 hours a week for about 3 months - so about 18 hours, but that time wasn't used 100% efficiently.

If you get stressed and/or try to cram things it it might be a bit tough, so use videos, take enough time to learn and practice and have a few breaks as well.

The exam is miles away but I suppose you have your reasons for wanting to learn it in a week.

Work through the book, practice all the questions and do past papers, and you could get more than a B.
HarunH1
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
D1 is probably the easiest maths module I've seen, it's a bit different compared to FP1 (it's more based on remembering algorithms, how to follow people's rules etc...) which is a relief. There is only one hard chapter (linear programming) but even that isnt very difficult - just requires you to be very accurate. There are also loads of online resources.. I went through the whole of D1 during the summer with lessons for 2 hours a week and doing some independent work
Duke Glacia
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HarunH1)
D1 is probably the easiest maths module I've seen, it's a bit different compared to FP1 (it's more based on remembering algorithms, how to follow people's rules etc...) which is a relief. There is only one hard chapter (linear programming) but even that isnt very difficult - just requires you to be very accurate. There are also loads of online resources.. I went through the whole of D1 during the summer with lessons for 2 hours a week and doing some independent work
Its possible but D1 is not the easiest i scored o D1 the lowest mark !(well i rewrote it so its now the second lowest)
HarunH1
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Duke Glacia)
Its possible but D1 is not the easiest i scored o D1 the lowest mark !(well i rewrote it so its now the second lowest)
My cousin will probably be in the same boat.. he's in year 12 with an A* in A level maths achieved whilst doing GCSEs with an average of 90 UMS in c1 - 4 and s1 and s2... but now that he's doing further maths with fp1 already done with 93UMS, he's finding it hard to do D1... it's probably due to the amount of stuff you have to remember (I guess I'm not too bad at remembering stuff after a while which is probably why I'm finding it okay)...... I can't necessarily word this in a way to make it make sense but in my opinion it's more of a written exam in terms of having a good understanding of each chapter and being able to understand the situation and refer to the correct algorithm/rule etc.. .

Well.. at least I tried? ;D
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
I personally think D1 is the easiest of maths modules and it can be done in the time you said. But the thing is realistically D1 questions tend to take a long time, doing the questions, not so much learning content though, just the questions taking long so make sure you cover the exam techniques (especially algorithms, I always forget the last sentences) but then again that can quicken as you practise more questions as such.
Also use the plenty resources online has to offer and you can do it in the time intended.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads