The Student Room Group

Incredulous of a result, but I can't get it remarked; I'm pissed.

I got a D grade in German AS;
B grade in the written exam,
and a U grade in the speaking exam.

I got the worst grade in my class, worse than two other people in my class,
one, even from last week, still couldn't conjugate the verb "sein" ("to be":wink:(and the other kicked off the course.)

I was able to do that at the beginning of AS, I was getting close to full marks in essays (full on two occasions), I knew how to conjugate most of the different tenses, and how to conjugate the passive voice by Christmas of AS year.

I was getting A grades towards the end of my speaking practice, and I came out of that exam thinking I done the best out of all my exams in that one. (I believe) something is clearly wrong. (I got a B grade in chemistry and a B grade in biology.)

My grammar would have been top notch,
and I trust my teacher's judgement regarding my grades throughout the year, so I don't believe the fault is on her, at all.

It's ridiculous; I don't want to be rude or sound arrogant, but it's nigh impossible for me to get lower grades/marks than them.

It's only today once I found out that I can't get it remarked, because the deadline was the 18th, 12 days ago, that I am getting angry again (after the initial bout.)

I personally want to still push for it, just to get confirmation as to whether I am wrong about this or not. I'm going to consult with my German teacher though first.

(I would post some of the essays I've done in the past, if I could guarantee it won't be plagiarised.)

Would you mind sharing your thoughts about this?
Reply 1
Since the deadline has passed, I think your exams officer might still be able to appeal the case forward where they look at the papers again.
I'm not really sure as they don't necessarily have a deadlines for appeals that I'm aware of, but it's worth asking so you can reach to some conclusion about your grades.
Original post by aamirac
Since the deadline has passed, I think your exams officer might still be able to appeal the case forward where they look at the papers again.
I'm not really sure as they don't necessarily have a deadlines for appeals that I'm aware of, but it's worth asking so you can reach to some conclusion about your grades.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if the post seemed to be a bit hostile, it's just (as I've said) I'm angry about it.

It was the exam officer who told me this, when I told her I had the money.
I can't imagine getting a positive response from her, as it would seem like pester, but I suppose I'll do it regardless.
That's unfortunate mate, I got my remark back today and I've gone up a grade which is good. I've dropped the subject though so it probably doesn't matter.
Original post by XcitingStuart
I got a D grade in German AS;
B grade in the written exam,
and a U grade in the speaking exam.

I got the worst grade in my class, worse than two other people in my class,
one, even from last week, still couldn't conjugate the verb "sein" ("to be":wink:(and the other kicked off the course.)

I was able to do that at the beginning of AS, I was getting close to full marks in essays (full on two occasions), I knew how to conjugate most of the different tenses, and how to conjugate the passive voice by Christmas of AS year.

I was getting A grades towards the end of my speaking practice, and I came out of that exam thinking I done the best out of all my exams in that one. (I believe) something is clearly wrong. (I got a B grade in chemistry and a B grade in biology.)

My grammar would have been top notch,
and I trust my teacher's judgement regarding my grades throughout the year, so I don't believe the fault is on her, at all.

It's ridiculous; I don't want to be rude or sound arrogant, but it's nigh impossible for me to get lower grades/marks than them.

It's only today once I found out that I can't get it remarked, because the deadline was the 18th, 12 days ago, that I am getting angry again (after the initial bout.)

I personally want to still push for it, just to get confirmation as to whether I am wrong about this or not. I'm going to consult with my German teacher though first.

(I would post some of the essays I've done in the past, if I could guarantee it won't be plagiarised.)

Would you mind sharing your thoughts about this?

Pay for a faxed copy of the paper, then give it to your teacher and he/she will tell you how you didnt do so well in the exam, as they have access to the mark schemes. Its not really worth getting remarks anyway, because they cost 45 quid and the examiners are generally right in their original mark. Trust me, iv been through the same experience with a law paper.
Reply 5
Original post by XcitingStuart
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if the post seemed to be a bit hostile, it's just (as I've said) I'm angry about it.

It was the exam officer who told me this, when I told her I had the money.
I can't imagine getting a positive response from her, as it would seem like pester, but I suppose I'll do it regardless.

It's your grades, you have the right to pester her about it. I'm sure she's seen your case numerous times before.
Then tell me what she says because even I want to know if it can happen. :beard:
Original post by LeeTheAussie96
Pay for a faxed copy of the paper, then give it to your teacher and he/she will tell you how you didnt do so well in the exam, as they have access to the mark schemes. Its not really worth getting remarks anyway, because they cost 45 quid and the examiners are generally right in their original mark. Trust me, iv been through the same experience with a law paper.

There's a large chance that marking's pretty inconsistent then (or are just wrong.)

(This is going to come across really arrogantly but) I know the levels of capability of the two other students; even if I had done awful, I shouldn't have done worse than them, I practically can't. (Yes, this sounds like arrogance and slander, but it is the truth.)

That's the main evidence for my incredulity.

Original post by aamirac
It's your grades, you have the right to pester her about it. I'm sure she's seen your case numerous times before.
Then tell me what she says because even I want to know if it can happen. :beard:

You'll have to remind me in a bit though, or I'll forget. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest