Ross M
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

I'm not sure whether it's a bad idea or not but I live in Northern Ireland where we have two Universities. Queen's University and University of Ulster. I have currently put my application in for 1 course in Queen's and 4 courses in Ulster. Is it bad that I have done that? Should I have looked across the water in England at possibilities?

Courses are all computer science/software engineering based.

Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ross M)
Hi

I'm not sure whether it's a bad idea or not but I live in Northern Ireland where we have two Universities. Queen's University and University of Ulster. I have currently put my application in for 1 course in Queen's and 4 courses in Ulster. Is it bad that I have done that? Should I have looked across the water in England at possibilities?

Thanks
If they are courses that aren't all in similar subjects then potentially it could be bad
Ross M
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
If they are courses that aren't all in similar subjects then potentially it could be bad
Should have mentioned that. All of them are based around Computer Science (3x Computer Science, 2x Software Engineering)
mon124
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably depends as well on whether or not you want to be close to your family and also the fees are so much higher across the water.
I would love to go to england but hate the thought of all the debt, so I don't know how to divide up my courses between NI and england
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mon124)
Probably depends as well on whether or not you want to be close to your family and also the fees are so much higher across the water.
I would love to go to england but hate the thought of all the debt, so I don't know how to divide up my courses between NI and england
Hmm. Do Northern Irish universities charge less or do you, like us in Wales, get the fees part-subsidised by a grant from the regional government?
Ross M
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hydeman)
Hmm. Do Northern Irish universities charge less or do you, like us in Wales, get the fees part-subsidised by a grant from the regional government?
It costs 3-4k a year for Northern Irish students at Northern Irish unis. For English unis we pay full 9k.
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ross M)
It costs 3-4k a year for Northern Irish students at Northern Irish unis. For English unis we pay full 9k.
Haha, a bit like Scotland but a little more expensive. The Welsh still get the best deal outside their home country.
Merfie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
Haha, a bit like Scotland but a little more expensive. The Welsh still get the best deal outside their home country.
Scotland is entirely free. It's absolutely bloody brilliant.
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Merfie)
Scotland is entirely free. It's absolutely bloody brilliant.
But only if you stay in Scotland! So in England, Wales, and NI, we get the best deal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (21)
15.67%
No one else does (48)
35.82%
I'm embarrassed about my background (15)
11.19%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (42)
31.34%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.49%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
2.99%

Watched Threads