The Student Room Group

EPQ question help

Hello, I want to do my EPQ on something to do with Law. I thought on this question

Trial by Jury: is it outdated?

if it is not a good question please could you think of a better one, focused on UK Law as i would like to be a lawyer in the future.
Reply 1
please i need help
Reply 2
Hi! so, i did EPQ last year and im doing another one this year. I would just like to say i think that question is WAY to broad to condense into 5,000 words. I get you want to talk about the structure of the UK judicial system? may I suggest the following?:
(If you want to stick with what you have now) To what extent is trial by jury a redundant concept?, it is narrow, and you could discuss why it was introduced and if those reasons are still there, and how important it is in a liberal democracy, coming to an effective conclusion on whether it still has a place in our judicial system
Reply 3
Original post by Mdaghini
Hi! so, i did EPQ last year and im doing another one this year. I would just like to say i think that question is WAY to broad to condense into 5,000 words. I get you want to talk about the structure of the UK judicial system? may I suggest the following?:
(If you want to stick with what you have now) To what extent is trial by jury a redundant concept?, it is narrow, and you could discuss why it was introduced and if those reasons are still there, and how important it is in a liberal democracy, coming to an effective conclusion on whether it still has a place in our judicial system

I was going to look at the history of it and why it was introduced, then go into see if the factors are still relevant in today's world. Look at the limitations and use real life case studies as examples. Then look at alternatives and come to a conclusion.
Reply 4
Original post by Mdaghini

also is two EPQs better than one?

Quick Reply

Latest