Please help me revise Triple science and get A*s.

Watch
Alex-Collins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,

I am a student in year 11, currently working towards my GCSE triple science and I desperately want A*s in them. At the moment (despite having terrible teachers all along), I'm working at around an A in all three sciences.

I'd like to ask if anyone has any revision tips, advice, help, websites, or anything that will help me re-teach myself the entire course in the hopes of succeeding.

Something worth mentioning is that my teachers skipped over C1.6 (vegetable oils, etc), P1 (the big bang and light refraction).

Thank you.
AlphaBetaGamma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alex-Collins)
Hi there,

I am a student in year 11, currently working towards my GCSE triple science and I desperately want A*s in them. At the moment (despite having terrible teachers all along), I'm working at around an A in all three sciences.

I'd like to ask if anyone has any revision tips, advice, help, websites, or anything that will help me re-teach myself the entire course in the hopes of succeeding.

Something worth mentioning is that my teachers skipped over C1.6 (vegetable oils, etc), P1 (the big bang and light refraction).

Thank you.
I would go through the textbook and any class notes/other resources you have and make condensed notes/key points for each topic, then do practice questions to consolidate what you've learnt. If you struggle with anything, make a note of it and look through it again. Closer to the exams make summary mind maps for each chapter and concentrate on doing timed exam papers.
For the topics your teacher skipped, I would suggest you read up on the topic in your textbook, if you don't understand it youtubing the topic may offer more clearer explanations.
vmwest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
look through your textbooks as they will help. You could also try looking at bitesize GCSE science as they have the three sciences and separate topics within them, there is not a lot but its worth trying their tests. My school also uses doddle and kaboodle but your school needs to be signed up for you to have an account.
¡Muy bien!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What exam board are you on? If aqa, I reccomend the CGP revision guides - they're really good!
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alex-Collins)
Hi there,

Thank you.
Get some CGP revision guides and learn them. At GCSE level, that's really all there is to it. You just need to know the basics. It's extremely unlikely that anything that's really challenging will come up and, if it does, you won't be the only one who struggles with it and the grade boundaries will be lowered accordingly.

Even if your teachers haven't covered everything, GCSE content is easy to self-study. If you're good enough to get As, it shouldn't be a problem unless you've been out of education for some time and, given that you're in year 11, I doubt you have.
Failingstudent98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it makes you feel any better I got straight D-E all year, come the exams I got A*,A, A (and I was 1 mark off for further A and 3 marks of for the other)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (112)
40.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.55%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.64%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed