Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI,ppl, ESPECIALLY GREAT SCIENTISTS,
    We ve just started 2day a coursework about kinetic and potential energy. In this coursework we r asked to explain and analise fully wat is going on when ball is pushed from the top down the ramp, meeting corrugated paper. I have done everything on explainin wat is happening to ball in ram, but I am confused how to explain wat happens wen he goes through corrugated paper horisontally. Wen he stops, his potential energy and kitenitc enegy r 0. Could u expain y these enrgies were increased detaily on the molecular bases, plz?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    HI,ppl, ESPECIALLY GREAT SCIENTISTS,
    We ve just started 2day a coursework about kinetic and potential energy. In this coursework we r asked to explain and analise fully wat is going on when ball is pushed from the top down the ramp, meeting corrugated paper. I have done everything on explainin wat is happening to ball in ram, but I am confused how to explain wat happens wen he goes through corrugated paper horisontally. Wen he stops, his potential energy and kitenitc enegy r 0. Could u expain y these enrgies were increased detaily on the molecular bases, plz?

Thank you
    sorry but didn't understand you!his?Who?what?

ReputationRep:
    I ll make it more simple, bu attaching the diagram
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc science coursework.doc (23.5 KB, 91 views)

ReputationRep:
    energy is lost doing work against friction so the kinetic energy decreases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    energy is lost doing work against friction so the kinetic energy decreases
    I know the basic stuff, how to explain this, but i am aiming to get A*, so i need to explain it on molecular basis,e.g how the energy is lost doing work against friction, not only the point answer. It should be fully explained. COuld u give me any hints how friction reduces energy?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Friction does work against motion, so reduces kinetic energy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Friction does work against motion, so reduces kinetic energy...
    I have already stated that it should be explained on the molecular basis, not just with one sentence point.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.