The Student Room Group

Suitability for Tax Prof. / Op.Casework (Non-grad/non-fast stream)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jav3185
Montz, glad you had a better experience than me! I got there near lunch time so maybe that distracted them? Interviews for the week at Euston seem to be over because when I went today to submit my certificate (thankfully I'm not employed at the moment otherwise that would have been a headache to sort) the two dazed looking people we met weren't there. Good luck to you, sounds like you did great by at least utilising all the time. I hope you get the job :smile:

Haha lunchtime distracts everyone lets get real! I hope they are still there as I'm going in tomorrow to give in documents as I asked about the 48hours and they said working hours so lets hope so! Good luck to you too and fingers crossed, finishing an interview early isn't always good, especially a 20minute one loool!
Reply 61
Original post by The_Wayfarer
Thanks for your explanation Montsz. I'm worried about the 48hrs. I only have my provisional statement of results for my GCSEs but i've ordered my certificates...

Would you be able to elaborate a little on the 8 minutes for Making Effective Decisions and 8 minutes for Collaborating and Partnering? It seems we all have a similar interview structure so it'd be really helpful.

Fingers crossed for you.

I only have a statement of results for my GCSE's (which may I add this statement got me in to college and university so I don't see how it cant get me a job lol). It is known universally you cannot get certificates in 2 days and its not as if the grades are running away or they are planning on offering you the job in the next week, so I can imagine there must be someeee sort of leeway I am really hoping for! I did email them on thursday and still have had no response so I am just gonna go in and see what they say! I'll keep you updated!
I tried ringing my school for my Alevel certificates (bear in mind I left in 2011) and they still had them?!? What a stroke of luck that was. She said I was lucky as they are allowed to shread them after twelve months!

So try schools as a first point of call!
(edited 8 years ago)
So nervous for my interview tomorrow. Hearts beating ten to the dozen :unsure:

And I messed it up. Hope they saw some potential in me!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
What makes you think you messed it up?

I also think I messed mines up.
It just went so quick and I don't think I sold my self fully with the scenerios. :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by rebecca_:)
It just went so quick and I don't think I sold my self fully with the scenerios. :frown:

Fingers crossed you'll all be fine :smile:

What did the scenarios consist of?
I had my interview for this Friday morning. The interview format wasn't what I was expected, I was expecting specific in detail scenarios where we'd have to say what we would hypothetically do, but it was similar to a straightforward competency interview - they were happy for me to just give an example of when I'd been in each scenario and what I did.

And my interview also went on for twice the amount of time they said it would be but I was rambling a bit so I don't know if that's a good thing :s-smilie: (although they did stop writing notes at some point which might've been around the 25/30 minute mark? and I did ask a few questions at the end) - the clock was behind me so I couldn't see it and the time just seemed to whizz by so I was shocked when I finished and saw I'd been in there so long.

I do wonder if everyone gets asked the same questions as I also got a scenario about making a difficult moral decision and I got a scenario about dealing with an unmotivated team member. Anyway I'm glad we've only got a few weeks to wait until we find out :smile: Good luck to everyone! :crossedf:
Original post by lucywils82
I had my interview for this Friday morning. The interview format wasn't what I was expected, I was expecting specific in detail scenarios where we'd have to say what we would hypothetically do, but it was similar to a straightforward competency interview - they were happy for me to just give an example of when I'd been in each scenario and what I did.

And my interview also went on for twice the amount of time they said it would be but I was rambling a bit so I don't know if that's a good thing :s-smilie: (although they did stop writing notes at some point which might've been around the 25/30 minute mark? and I did ask a few questions at the end) - the clock was behind me so I couldn't see it and the time just seemed to whizz by so I was shocked when I finished and saw I'd been in there so long.

I do wonder if everyone gets asked the same questions as I also got a scenario about making a difficult moral decision and I got a scenario about dealing with an unmotivated team member. Anyway I'm glad we've only got a few weeks to wait until we find out :smile: Good luck to everyone! :crossedf:

I froze and completely buggered up my examples as mine was all hypothetical... rather than competence based - which i'd of much rather had!

I believe they are recruiting in large numbers for this role, but i don't feel they got the best out of me in the 15 minutes i was there. Gutted like!

What location did you apply for?
Hi

I had my interview on Friday too and was wondering did anyone else have a problem with the references? I had the one personal reference that covered me for the 3 years and they said it had to be two? Did I miss that on the forms?
Reply 70
Original post by Padfoot92
Hi

I had my interview on Friday too and was wondering did anyone else have a problem with the references? I had the one personal reference that covered me for the 3 years and they said it had to be two? Did I miss that on the forms?

Did you give them the extra reference on the day or did they ask you to deliver the second reference by the following week?
Well I'm brining another one is as there was a problem with them not accepting a short birth certificate even though it said on the list it was acceptable. But a friend of mine had given one personal and wasn't told they needed two...but handed a list of employment references to them as well
Original post by rebecca_:)
I froze and completely buggered up my examples as mine was all hypothetical... rather than competence based - which i'd of much rather had!

I believe they are recruiting in large numbers for this role, but i don't feel they got the best out of me in the 15 minutes i was there. Gutted like!

What location did you apply for?

Aw that sucks :frown: - did they not give you the option of choosing between giving an example from your own experience or answering what you would do in the situation? That's what they said in mine so I just went with two examples I had prepared and tried to fit them in. Hopefully you're just thinking your interview went worse than it did, I always think the same! After it finishes I'm always thinking about what I could've said better and all the things I forgot to say. Interviews are so stressful. But I wouldn't worry too much about having froze as I'm sure they'll understand interview nerves get to everyone.

I applied to London for my first choice and Manchester for second although I said I'd be happy with most of the locations as if I'm successful I'll need to relocate anyway. Where did you apply for?

Hi

I gave two references (one personal and one employment) but I also wondered about that when I filled out the form because I didn't see anything mentioning how many we needed to put down. I suppose they need two in case one can't be used or something.
Regarding references i just gave one that covered 3 years.

Im also in the boat where im not entirely happy with my interview experience. I prepared for the questions fully as i had a good idea what they would be and it was right. However, after asking me the first question i began by giving an explanation of how i would react to her scenario with the intention of giving an example after but when i finished my explanation she said thank you and immediately began to ask the secobd question. It would have been extremely awkward if i spoke up and said i hadnt finished. For the second question i made sure i added in my example with no pause after my explanation.
All in all i feel it was very rushed and i dont mean short. It was as though they werent comfortable to sit there and just let me speak.
I was quite frustrated given i had prepared for the questions that they asked me.

All there is to do now though is wait.
So I just handed my references into Belfast office and they were asking for two personal references!

All very confusing
Reply 75
So I just handed my references into Belfast office and they were asking for two personal references!

All very confusing

I'm interviewing in Belfast too, confused about these references! I've given 3 work, 1 from uni and 1 personal - so do I need another personal?!
Original post by hellojo
I'm interviewing in Belfast too, confused about these references! I've given 3 work, 1 from uni and 1 personal - so do I need another personal?!

I was told on Friday I needed two personal and then on Monday when I handed them in was told they had to be personal not employer references
Doesnt it say on the form they cant be from employers? (Sorry! :biggrin:)
Original post by The_Wayfarer
Doesnt it say on the form they cant be from employers? (Sorry! :biggrin:)

The forms I received has employer on it! It's in the FAQs that it says it doesn't ask for employer references. It also says no where that they required two! Just that the personal one needs to know you for more than three years
Reply 79
I'm nervous about this, there seems to be different experiences/conflicting views on the format!

Just hope all goes well on the day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending