Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Obviously a referendum on every issue is the only answer - ie even more voting :rolleyes:
    Remember the Referendum Party? This was the basis of their manifesto. They sank without trace, evidently.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fly By)
    i dont really understand referendums, isnt this like voting for whether to have a policy in place? but isn't the point of voting a party into office is that they do what they think is best (well in theory anyway)?
    The main objection to voting given on this thread seems to be a lack of support for any party on any issue - the only way that could be resolved is either for the people on this thread to stand for office and represent themselves - or to allow the public to decide on every single issue.

ReputationRep:
    well i think a solution would be less nationalisation - less centralisation - lets companies run themselves

although that's easier said than done

ReputationRep:
    If there was a vote to see whether people think voting is a good/fair method, would the non-voters vote to say no??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    If there was a vote to see whether people think voting is a good/fair method, would the non-voters vote to say no??
    :rolleyes: oh you and your little dilemmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    :rolleyes: oh you and your little dilemmas
    Just wondering!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    If i felt i had the organisational skills to run for office - i would, believe me. However i'm just too stupid/lazy. Instead i think not voting is a way of saying to the government that voting sucks, and get a better method in for listening to people's views
    how does it say to the government that they "suck"? it just means other people get their voices heard and you don't...if you read their manifestos you would see the differences in their policies...it's not only taxes you're voting about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Yup. Went out today and was all chuffed (my first time).
    I've heard it's usually quite painful the first time, was this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cretin)
    I voted BNP.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    They're for a partial integration with Europe:

"The EDP favours European co-operation and trade but not a European political entity"
    But how can they do that in the European parliament?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I didn't vote because I, stupidly, am not registered. Was never sent anything about it, I only turned 18 in December and the elections sort of crept up on me and I don't know how to do it. Anyone tell me how I can get on the electoral role for next time?
    Weird, I never registered anywhere, but I got my poll card through the letter box a few weeks back.

You can register here though: http://www.electoralcommission.gov.u...rollingreg.cfm

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.