Gingerlamps1335
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I looked at a past law interview question and it said something about the House of Lords and I didn't know what it was so I was wondering if there was any particular phrases or thugs I need to know about law before the interview
justalawyer1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gingerlamps1335)
I looked at a past law interview question and it said something about the House of Lords and I didn't know what it was so I was wondering if there was any particular phrases or thugs I need to know about law before the interview
Do you mind me asking where you found this past interview question from?
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Erm.. you're applying for Law.. at Cambridge.. and you don't know what the House of Lords is....

Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gingerlamps1335)
Thugs???
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
Thugs???
Baron Prescott?
Hamartia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ILovePancakes)
Erm.. you're applying for Law.. at Cambridge.. and you don't know what the House of Lords is....

They may be an international student?
singapore_sling1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
House of Lords are the former supreme court of the UK. There are definitely a ton of things you need to know for the interview starting with this!!

They say you don't need any legal knowledge but if you don't even know about the house of lords, it will be difficult to convince the interviewers that you are indeed passionate and interested about the study of law.

A few good starting points would be knowing the difference between criminal and civil liability, knowing that administrative law is very different from criminal is very different from civil law, knowing some aims of the justice system, knowing some theories underpinning these aims etc etc etc. At least have a general idea of hwo the law fits into society.

I have some excellent resources and sample questions from previous law interviews, if you like I can give you the links (PM me). But for now, do read as much as you can to prepare for your interview! All the best
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by singapore_sling1)
I have some excellent resources and sample questions from previous law interviews, if you like I can give you the links (PM me). But for now, do read as much as you can to prepare for your interview! All the best
Hmmm.... called gurume perhaps? How far into the PM conversation do you go before asking for money?
isaacswirsky123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
May you send me these resources- that would be so useful! Thanks
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by isaacswirsky123)
May you send me these resources- that would be so useful! Thanks
That poster has been banned.

Be suspicious of anyone offering "help" but only via PM.
Reyhan2506
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you please send me the resources please, thank you!!!
Reyhan2506
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you please send the said links please!! Thank you!!
House of Lords are the former supreme court of the UK. There are definitely a ton of things you need to know for the interview starting with this!!

They say you don't need any legal knowledge but if you don't even know about the house of lords, it will be difficult to convince the interviewers that you are indeed passionate and interested about the study of law.

A few good starting points would be knowing the difference between criminal and civil liability, knowing that administrative law is very different from criminal is very different from civil law, knowing some aims of the justice system, knowing some theories underpinning these aims etc etc etc. At least have a general idea of hwo the law fits into society.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (8)
13.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (11)
18.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (27)
46.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (9)
15.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads