Help needed for electronics A2 coursework Watch

Max.DB9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I'm starting my electronics coursework for A2 and i;m making a metronome for my project. It involves using a micro controller which then a decoder is connected to it which is further connected to a seven segment display. The idea is that when you press a switch 2 LED's will flash alternatively at a certain tempo and i have other switches which when pressed it will do the same thing but flash at a different tempo acting like a metronome.
Whilst the LED's flash i also have a speaker which gives out 2 frequency's which will be at the same tempo as the LED's which will change tempo when another switch is pressed. There are two relaxation oscillators used to produce the 2 frequency's for the sounds which are connect through a logic subsystem and to an driver which connects to the speaker.
So what i need help is how i actually code it? As there are different switches and how do i organize the sequence. I only know basic programming which in my class we use PICAXE. Also how do i make the frequency sounds on the relaxation Oscillator.
If you could help it would be much appreciated thank you
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (81)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (140)
17.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (116)
14.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (252)
30.62%

Watched Threads