The Student Room Group

Angry threatening neighbour

Hey!

So I live in a privately rented 5 bed student house off campus.

We've been living here for a month so far with no problems, however, last night we went out to celebrate for freshers and came home a little late.

As there were only three of us returning home we didn't create too much noise but apparently it was enough for the neighbour to come over this morning to complain.

His tone was threatening which I understand as he's clearly trying to make a point but it was unnecessary as we'd have responded more than kindly had he given us a chance to talk.

I'm now worried about what course of action he could take should this happen again in the future? (believe me, we aren't planning on it happening again but I'm worried). He doesn't seem like the kind of person to tolerate any kind of peaceful talking and would rather take harsh action against us.

I'm so worried about being kicked out over something so small.

If anyone has advice on what we should do it would help a lot.
Original post by Sparky600
Hey!

So I live in a privately rented 5 bed student house off campus.

We've been living here for a month so far with no problems, however, last night we went out to celebrate for freshers and came home a little late.

As there were only three of us returning home we didn't create too much noise but apparently it was enough for the neighbour to come over this morning to complain.

His tone was threatening which I understand as he's clearly trying to make a point but it was unnecessary as we'd have responded more than kindly had he given us a chance to talk.

I'm now worried about what course of action he could take should this happen again in the future? (believe me, we aren't planning on it happening again but I'm worried). He doesn't seem like the kind of person to tolerate any kind of peaceful talking and would rather take harsh action against us.

I'm so worried about being kicked out over something so small.

If anyone has advice on what we should do it would help a lot.

Honestly I wouldn't worry. I had a rather angry neighbour complain about the noise from my student house on a few occasions and it never went further than that. I know that makes us sound like we were really bad, compared to most students we weren't- most nights we were in our rooms by 10, we only had lots of friends round late on a handful of occasions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending