The Student Room Group

Bad UKCAT score. What are my options?

So I did very bad on my UKCAT :frown:
VR: 490
QR: 620
AR: 620
DA: 610
SJT: Band 2

I am aware I can do the BMAT, however how hard is this? Is it possible for me to score well in that given how bad my UKCAT scores are? And How hard is the maths section?
I achieved 4 As at AS and at GCSE i have 2 A*'s, 3 A's, 3 B's, 1 A* in SC and a Distinction*

Do I stil have a chance at Medicine? I'm thinking of applying to Kings Foundation Course, Lancashire, Bristol and maybe Keele?
What are my other options?

Thank you!!
Reply 1
Have you registered for BMAT yet. After today the price goes up to £75. It's different to the ukcat. It's more knowledge based. Take a look at some past papers in the website to get a feel of the kinds of questions they ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by mliela
Have you registered for BMAT yet. After today the price goes up to £75. It's different to the ukcat. It's more knowledge based. Take a look at some past papers in the website to get a feel of the kinds of questions they ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The deadline for my college application is tomorrow.
Reply 3
That's strange. Try and register for it and take the test. Have you considered Leeds or Brighton and Sussex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by mliela
That's strange. Try and register for it and take the test. Have you considered Leeds or Brighton and Sussex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I registered through my college :smile:
I decided to apply to UCL, Lancaster, Kings Foundation Course and Central Lancashire

What do you think?
Original post by mliela

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you register through college, it's cheaper
We only had to pay £44

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by AqsaMx
I registered through my college :smile:
I decided to apply to UCL, Lancaster, Kings Foundation Course and Central Lancashire

What do you think?

That sounds good. I don't know much about foundation courses but what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking. UCL for medicine wants A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Bloom77
If you register through college, it's cheaper
We only had to pay £44

Posted from TSR Mobile

£44 is the standard entry, £75 is the late entry

Entries were late after 1 October, i.e. yesterday
Original post by not you
£44 is the standard entry, £75 is the late entry

Entries were late after 1 October, i.e. yesterday

Oh sorry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by mliela
That sounds good. I don't know much about foundation courses but what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking. UCL for medicine wants A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*A*A are my predicted grades.
Reply 10
Original post by AqsaMx
A*A*A are my predicted grades.

That's perfect then good luck 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending