would i get an offer from royal holloway to study law?

Watch
pomma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
my predicted grades are ACD and royal holloway ask for AAB to study law, would i still get an offer even though i dont reach the grades?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.

Law is one of the most competitive courses at ALL Unis. You are nowhere near the grades required for RHUL and you will simply get an immediate rejection.

Try Middlesex, Staffordshire, West London, Keele, Bedfordshire, Cumbria, or other Unis asking for points not grades.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...g_5_Rejections
callum_law
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
No.

Law is one of the most competitive courses at ALL Unis. You are nowhere near the grades required for RHUL and you will simply get an immediate rejection.

Try Middlesex, Staffordshire, West London, Keele, Bedfordshire, Cumbria, or other Unis asking for points not grades.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...g_5_Rejections
I'd qualify this to an extent. As we're talking about a brand new and untested course, it is very likely that RH will be accepting candidates who do not meet the de jure entry standards and perhaps possible that such candidates miss the de jure entry standards by a large margin. Maybe OP stands a chance. It's probably best that OP has RH as an aspirational choice, however; as even though the course is brand new, RH has a decent reputation generally and it has the appeal of London.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No University of that calibre will be interested in D grades, and a C grade is pushing your luck.

An ACD grade range says 'I'm only good at one subject', or 'I'm very lazy'. Neither are appropriate for a demanding course like Law, and to assume that any Uni asking for A grades will accept something as weak as a C and a D is very naive.
username1559803
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pomma)
my predicted grades are ACD and royal holloway ask for AAB to study law, would i still get an offer even though i dont reach the grades?
You wont know until you've applied. I know someone with CDDD grades applying to the University of Birmingham. Give it a go, you have 5 choices.
laurab21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I've applied and got accepted for Royal Holloway this year and I'm predicted BCC which is the equivalent of what you were predicted (although I've been working at A*-B grades recently) I was just wondering if you ever went for Royal Holloway and if you got in?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads