Multiple questions

Watch this thread
ppjk
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So i plan on doing ib next year. My school also offers a level and as i want to do medicine which should i take?

Which subject combination is better. I like boy and cant decide so please dont tell me to do what i enjoy.
1. Hl chemistry biology geography Sl maths French English
2. Hl chemistry biology english sl maths french geography

I am good at maths but not amazing what is maths sl like? Is it bad to do maths studies if you want to do medicine?

Chemistry and biology a level v ib? Which one has more practical work. And experiments.
ppjk
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Anyone please help??????
ch1oe
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm an IB student so I may be a bit biased but I would definitely do IB rather than A levels! It's a lot of work but its worth it
maths SL is quite hard but universities prefer it to studies. Having said that though I'm not sure how it works for medicine (I want to do physics so I need maths HL) but I have friends who want to do medicine and some of them are doing maths studies so you should be okay. You could always start with SL and drop to studies if its too hard?
As for subject combinations, I'm afraid I can't really help you decide. If you love writing essays go for HL English (although geography involves essay writing too)
hknobody
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Most universities do not recognize math studies for science-related subjects. Check their requirement individually either on their website or by calling them.

You might also want to check this page:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...B_Requirements
baconandeggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ppjk)
So i plan on doing ib next year. My school also offers a level and as i want to do medicine which should i take?

Which subject combination is better. I like boy and cant decide so please dont tell me to do what i enjoy.
1. Hl chemistry biology geography Sl maths French English
2. Hl chemistry biology english sl maths french geography

I am good at maths but not amazing what is maths sl like? Is it bad to do maths studies if you want to do medicine?

Chemistry and biology a level v ib? Which one has more practical work. And experiments.
I personally prefer the IB, but then again, of course I do, I'm taking the IB. SL Maths is really really easy. It's basic math, really. There shouldn't be any problem taking SL Maths at all. Do you intend to do English Lit or Lang and lit. Because they are different courses and my friends who take HL English lit find it quite challenging.
ppjk
Rep:
Thank you all I think I'm going to do ib
Hl biology chemistry geography
Sl maths English French
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads