The Student Room Group

Student, 17, hanged himself after being falsely accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmashConcept
If you're that worried about this, shouldn't you be pointing out that the exact circumstances of what happened with this girl are completely unknown? Literally all we know is that she made an allegation which she later dropped. It doesn't matter at all to the people in this thread if it was mistaken identity, or she had consensual sex which she found traumatic or painful enough to mistakenly report as assault, or even (and people like OP will freak out that I'm even suggesting this) that the guy did it but she felt some kind of pressure to not go through with the charges.

And, to be clear, I'm with the 100% of people who think that if she maliciously made a false report she should be held accountable for that.

But no, this thread is just a massive **** show of people saying "CHECKMATE FEMINISTS" and proclaiming that rape culture obviously isn't real, interspersed with someone suggesting rape as a punishment for a 17 year old girl who may or may not have committed a crime.

Fairs.
" Men accused of rape should be guilty until proven innocent.

Yes more innocent men will go to jail, but more rapists will go to jail too, and thus it is justified "".

Post No. 179 from two days ago on the "Should a woman go jail for falsely accusing a man of rape?" thread on the Society Forum.

Would you care to say if you still think that, poster?
(edited 8 years ago)
If you're that worried about this, shouldn't you be pointing out that the exact circumstances of what happened with this girl are completely unknown? Literally all we know is that she made an allegation which she later dropped. It doesn't matter at all to the people in this thread if it was mistaken identity, or she had consensual sex which she found traumatic or painful enough to mistakenly report as assault, or even (and people like OP will freak out that I'm even suggesting this) that the guy did it but she felt some kind of pressure to not go through with the charges.

And, to be clear, I'm with the 100% of people who think that if she maliciously made a false report she should be held accountable for that.

But no, this thread is just a massive **** show of people saying "CHECKMATE FEMINISTS" and proclaiming that rape culture obviously isn't real, interspersed with someone suggesting rape as a punishment for a 17 year old girl who may or may not have committed a crime.

Agree with everything you've said, except where you suggest that rape culture exists. I sent a reply to @ivybridge debunking his claim, and if you'd like you can read it and explain how rape culture exists in countries like Britain/USA.

Accountable? No, she shouldn't be held accountable, she should be sent to prison for as long as her victim would have been sentenced had the allegations she made against him turned out to be true.

Are you suggesting that 'rape culture' obviously is real? 'Rape culture', as a term, was never originally utilised to refer to female victims of rape, it was utilised, originally, in a 1970's documentary to refer to the extent of rape in the MALE prison system.

Your point of view doesn't annoy me. Your eagerness to express it in defence of a warped and malicious ideology does. If those operating in the name of feminism stopped churning out maliciousness, or pathologising masculinity, then I would very, very quickly disappear. The longer it prevails, the more extreme a reaction it will provoke.
(edited 8 years ago)

It says you quoted me, but my post got removed. What did you say??
Original post by caravaggio2
" Men accused of rape should be guilty until proven innocent.

Yes more innocent men will go to jail, but more rapists will go to jail too, and thus it is justified "".

Post No. 179 from two days ago on the "Should a woman go jail for falsely accusing a man of rape?" thread on the Society Forum.

Would you care to say if you still think that, poster?

What about it Doc?
:frown:
You see this is actually something very important which often goes unnoticed. One thing that could be done to reduce rape is to discourage false allegations by heavily penalizing them, this way with fewer lies interfering with the criminal justice system, real victims are more likely to get justice and real rapists are less likely to think they can get away with it.

And yes I know what you're thinking (but if we punish false accusers then real victims won't come forward.....) typical far leftist argument we've heard far too often because in reality it's more likely to be the opposite, false accusations discredit real victims and therefore make it difficult for actual rapes to be taken seriously, and that could potentially discourage real victims from coming forward. That's exactly why the false allegations have got to stop because that's what the rapist wants, they want victims to stay silent so they can commit the crimes without the fear of being caught.

It might not be a popular opinion but really, the end goal that people want is that rape cases are taken more seriously, and it must be incredibly difficult for the police force and legal system to do this when there are plenty of people out there who lie about it.

Just a thought......
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending