The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holders 2016!!

I thought that since people are going to start applying, the offers will start trickling in too!

I've applied for Computer Science, what about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

I applied for History a couple of days ago and Warwick received my application yesterday, got an offer this morning, so happy!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Got an offer for computer science AAA :smile:
I'm just about to apply for Law next week, super nervous hahaha, good luck to everyone else :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I forgot to mention, I got an offer for Computer Science yesterday.
39 IB points, with a 6 in Math HL
Reply 5
I JUST GOT MY OFFER FOR ECONOMICS !! I am so happy!!! I got an email notifying me that they received my application just yesterday and then today I checked my UCAS track and there was an offer there already!!!
Original post by Eznomics
I JUST GOT MY OFFER FOR ECONOMICS !! I am so happy!!! I got an email notifying me that they received my application just yesterday and then today I checked my UCAS track and there was an offer there already!!!

GCSEs and ASs?
Reply 7
Hello im applying to computer science at Warwick aswel. Is it worth me applying separately for computer science and Business management, as in take up another slot in my 5 options, or will it be easy for me to change to it (when I have made my decision) once im in (hopefully)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for English. I'm submitting my UCAS form next week :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by tehforum
GCSEs and ASs?

International student. 8A*s 1A for my IGCSEs
AS:AAA Maths, Physics Economics
Predicted Grades : 2A* 1A 1C( Further Maths to A2)

I do CIE. My college doesn't have Further Maths for AS so we are forced to take it at A2s. My offer was A*AA
Original post by Rabadon
Got an offer for computer science AAA :smile:

would it be too much to ask for if i could see the personal statement, it would mean a lot at this present moment i am struggling to write one and it is my absolute dream/goal to get into warwick! also what are your as levels and gcse's like??
may i view your personal statement? really trying to get into this course at warwick!
If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE's and A level predicted grades?
Original post by goodkid101
would it be too much to ask for if i could see the personal statement, it would mean a lot at this present moment i am struggling to write one and it is my absolute dream/goal to get into warwick! also what are your as levels and gcse's like??

It would be unwise for me to show you my statement but I am very happy to help you. I achieved 6A*5A1B at GCSE and AAAA at as level. Something I feel is valuable to put on your statement is programming courses. There are tonnes online such as codecademy and doing these programming courses shows you have an interest to the admissions tutors. I also focused a little on my team work and leadership skills in my ps as it is pretty important for a computer science degree.

Ultimately, your grades are very very important though! good luck!!
Reply 14
Is it stupid for me to study bsc computer science, if I want to go into finance after? I just feel that a computer science degree will allow me to keep my options abit more open than if I was going to study a finance or economics degree. Opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rabadon
It would be unwise for me to show you my statement but I am very happy to help you. I achieved 6A*5A1B at GCSE and AAAA at as level. Something I feel is valuable to put on your statement is programming courses. There are tonnes online such as codecademy and doing these programming courses shows you have an interest to the admissions tutors. I also focused a little on my team work and leadership skills in my ps as it is pretty important for a computer science degree.

Ultimately, your grades are very very important though! good luck!!

Thank you i do appreciate it! i achieved AAAC hopefully i do get an offer, may i ask what other universities you applied to ! and thank you for the recommendations
Original post by goodkid101
Thank you i do appreciate it! i achieved AAAC hopefully i do get an offer, may i ask what other universities you applied to ! and thank you for the recommendations

Your grades are great, you'll get offers fine.

I'm applying to imperial, Warwick, Bristol, Birmingham and Nottingham
Original post by Eznomics

got BBB at AS
predicted A*AA

what are my chances of an offer for L100?
I'll be applying for Law, hopefully within a few weeks (though my school is unorganised - I'm still awaiting some personal statement feedback after several weeks, and I've no idea when they'll finish my reference). Warwick is my first choice, so if I get an offer I'll be unbelievably excited!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I'll be applying for Law, hopefully within a few weeks (though my school is unorganised - I'm still awaiting some personal statement feedback after several weeks, and I've no idea when they'll finish my reference). Warwick is my first choice, so if I get an offer I'm be unbelievably excited!

I'm applying for Law too, sending my application soon! I loved the facilities and professors when I visited during the summer, fell in love. Good luck with the rest of your application :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest