York Freshers 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for psychology, 35 points in the IB :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Fryschia
Just got an offer for psychology, 35 points in the IB :smile:

Congrats! I got an offer for Psychology today too :biggrin:
I just got an offer for Economics and Politics AAA, it's my first offer and I'm so happy :biggrin:
Has anyone had an offer for law yet?! I sent my application off on Monday. If anyone has applied to UEA you don't have to worry about them being slow as I received an offer from them 4 hours after my confirmation email from them.. 4 hours!!! 😝
Original post by efleurs
I just received an offer from York for English! It's my first offer so far, how exciting :smile:

I got my first offer this week - also for English at York! I haven't actually visited yet though, so I'm going to have a look next week :smile:
Received an offer from York this morning for History!
Got an offer to study Criminology at York, first one as well.
Original post by Kittykat1014
Received an offer from York this morning for History!

Hi, congrats on your offer! Can I ask when you sent your application off and how long it was before you got an offer?
Original post by saule1116
Anybody's got offers for law? I sent my application off more than a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I know that with Law being a very competitive course, it will probably take longer than some other courses, I am just quite anxious and hoping to get at least 1 offer back sometime soon...

I've applied for Law too. I sent my application off last Monday to York and they're my first choice unless I get an offer from Durham. UEA are really quick as I got an offer a few hours after my confirmation email from them. That's been my only offer so don't worry
Original post by Sherlock221
Hi, congrats on your offer! Can I ask when you sent your application off and how long it was before you got an offer?

Of course! I submitted my application on the 10th and received an offer on the 22nd, so it took 12 days for me to get an offer from York. I think it was that quick though because I applied with American qualifications, which I already have the results for. Did you apply for History at York as well?
I received an offer for History and Politics(AAA) yesterday!
I sent my application off on the 9th of October- so it took 15 days for a response. I was getting quite nervous... :smile:
Original post by Kittykat1014
Of course! I submitted my application on the 10th and received an offer on the 22nd, so it took 12 days for me to get an offer from York. I think it was that quick though because I applied with American qualifications, which I already have the results for. Did you apply for History at York as well?

Yeah, my application went off on Monday 19th :smile:
Original post by Jemma_0897
I've applied for Law too. I sent my application off last Monday to York and they're my first choice unless I get an offer from Durham. UEA are really quick as I got an offer a few hours after my confirmation email from them. That's been my only offer so don't worry

Hi, I've applied to York for Law as well as my first choice - York interviews for law and the earliest they interview is December so I have no idea when we'll be updated but we won't be getting any offers from them until at least January. It's so annoying that the one I want the most will most likely be the one to offer/reject last!
Original post by AbbieWilliams
Hi, I've applied to York for Law as well as my first choice - York interviews for law and the earliest they interview is December so I have no idea when we'll be updated but we won't be getting any offers from them until at least January. It's so annoying that the one I want the most will most likely be the one to offer/reject last!

Ahh that's annoying what made you choose York?
Original post by Wilson Wilson
I received an offer for History and Politics(AAA) yesterday!
I sent my application off on the 9th of October- so it took 15 days for a response. I was getting quite nervous... :smile:

Same course as me! Where else have you applied/got offers from? :smile:
Original post by Grace Brown
Ahh that's annoying what made you choose York?

The first thing was the way of learning, with it being problem based I just felt it really suited me a lot more than the classic way of learning I suppose. Then I visited Edinburgh, Warwick and York in June and more recently Newcastle and York absolutely trumped them all. I also didn't really fancy going very far away, kind of wanted to go to a place I knew at least a bit. In other news, got an offer from Newcastle about five minutes ago!
Original post by AbbieWilliams
The first thing was the way of learning, with it being problem based I just felt it really suited me a lot more than the classic way of learning I suppose. Then I visited Edinburgh, Warwick and York in June and more recently Newcastle and York absolutely trumped them all. I also didn't really fancy going very far away, kind of wanted to go to a place I knew at least a bit. In other news, got an offer from Newcastle about five minutes ago!

Oh well done, congratulations! Yeh i found York a really nice atmosphere especially the college system and the community vibe. You definitely going to York then or are you going to wait to see where else you get offers from?
Reply 37
Just got an offer from York for Politics L200 (AAB). Sent my application on Thursday 22nd and got my acknowledgment email on Friday 23rd. So happy and relieved!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by owenj4
Just got an offer from York for Politics L200 (AAB). Sent my application on Thursday 22nd and got my acknowledgment email on Friday 23rd. So happy and relieved!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got one for Biology C100 (AAB) as well :smile: Sent it around the 10th.
Reply 39
Just got an offer for Chemistry for AAB, so happy as York is my first choice!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending