Former Labour peer Alan Sugar slams Corbyn, saying he would leave Britain to rot! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gears265
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Alan Sugar, who has been a life long Labour voter and peer has slammed Jeremy Corbyn and said "we should all move to China if he gets elected"

Corbyn's policies were also described as Marxist.

He believes business would crumble under his government

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ord-Sugar.html
Josh_Dickson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh no, lord sugar will be so sorely missed

'Corbyn's policies were also described as Marxist.' - shows what this buffoon knows! the idea that corbyn is a marxist is uninformed rubbish, he's a centrist social democratic!
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
See I thought Sir Alan Sugar knew what he was talking about when it came to business and commerce. But then TSR FIFA champion Josh Dickson called him a buffoon and "uninformed" so now I don't know what to think..............
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you actually believe Corbyn is a marxist then you're deluded.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by United1892)
People use the term, not in its correct political theory sense, but to describe policies that are far too left of what is acceptable to the public (as they are in this case). Sugar is obviously no exception.
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
People use the term, not in its correct political theory sense, but to describe policies that are far too left of what is acceptable to the public (as they are in this case). Sugar is obviously no exception.
It's just bloody wrong though.

Who are you to tell me whats acceptable anyhow, in 1960 thatcherism wasn't so doing like that means things can go from acceptable to fascist or marxist in 10 years and not change themselves.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KimKallstrom)
See I thought Sir Alan Sugar knew what he was talking about when it came to business and commerce. But then TSR FIFA champion Josh Dickson called him a buffoon and "uninformed" so now I don't know what to think..............
Haha😁 .
Guybrush Sheepgood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly I have issues with both sides of the argument:

Left wingers who blindly devote themselves to Corbyn are ignoring stupid policies like 'unlimited immigration' and 'totally scrapping trident when Russia is becoming more aggressive'.

Right wingers who say Corbyn is a threat to business and an 'idiot' are often selfish themselves and disregarding the fact that he's a compassionate man who genuinely wants to reduce inequality and make the world a better place, and isn't a rich, selfish *******, and that his policies generally prioritise the needs of the country over the needs of big business and tax avoiding scumbag corporations.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What you mean to say is people use the term incorrectly. :/ Marxist doesn't mean 'too left wing to be acceptable', marxist means marxist. Any other usage is just intellectual laziness an encourages political (or economic if you're that way inclined) ignorance.
Popsy1234
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
What you mean to say is people use the term incorrectly. :/ Marxist doesn't mean 'too left wing to be acceptable', marxist means marxist. Any other usage is just intellectual laziness an encourages political (or economic if you're that way inclined) ignorance.
This is hypocritical pedantry. How many times have you personally described a policy or person as 'fascist' because of policies that you find unappetisingly right-wing rather than because they are actually elements of fascist political philosophy?
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
This is hypocritical pedantry. How many times have you personally described a policy or person as 'fascist' because of policies that you find unappetisingly right-wing rather than because they are actually elements of fascist political philosophy?
As far as I can remember I have never done that. If I ever have then I've grown out of it.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's just bloody wrong though.
(Original post by RayApparently)
What you mean to say is people use the term incorrectly.
Of course! But Sugar isn't a pedant, or a political theorist, and neither is the general public. You just have to accept that people commonly misuse words, and that meanings develop. Others commonly misused in political discourse that I can think of off the top of my head are "media", "Nazi", "capitol", "disinterested", even "majority".
KimKallstrom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
Honestly I have issues with both sides of the argument:

Left wingers who blindly devote themselves to Corbyn are ignoring stupid policies like 'unlimited immigration' and 'totally scrapping trident when Russia is becoming more aggressive'.

Right wingers who say Corbyn is a threat to business and an 'idiot' are often selfish themselves and disregarding the fact that he's a compassionate man who genuinely wants to reduce inequality and make the world a better place, and isn't a rich, selfish *******, and that his policies generally prioritise the needs of the country over the needs of big business and tax avoiding scumbag corporations.
Urgh. People don't propose policies that work well for business simply because they're "rich, selfish whatever it was that bleeped out" you idiot. Not sure if you got the memo but you need money for welfare. Driving out business is counter-productive to the needs of the people.

The idea is that flourishing business helps us all in terms of employment and tax intake, while driving them away reduces employment and tax intake. Why is this so hard for people to understand? I don't necessary agree with it personally but this narrative you're putting forward is childish and cretinous.
KimKallstrom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Of course! But Sugar isn't a pedant, or a political theorist, and neither is the general public. You just have to accept that people commonly misuse words, and that meanings develop. Others commonly misused in political discourse that I can think of off the top of my head are "media", "Nazi", "capitol", "disinterested", even "majority".
Quite right. In terms of common usage, people use fascist for far right wing/racist/white nation it's etc. Marxist, "Trot" etc just means far left.

Ain't nobody got time for splitting hairs between definitions of extremism that hardly anybody who actually has a job will subscribe to anyway.
Gears265
Rep:
?
I wish he wasn't a Marxist. But after seeing the evidence of his past affiliations, his past comments and his past activities, it is hard for me to believe. Then we have his right hand man, John McDonnell and an open Marxist. Then we have former Labour leaders Blair, Brown and Kinnock calling him a Marxist as well as other peers and ministers like mandleson. Then we have the definition of Marxism which Corbyn fits entirely. Then we have the communist party and Marxist organisations showing public support for the man. At what point do we expect he is a Marxist? The evidence is beyond measure when you put professional and media opinion to the side.
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
I wish he wasn't a Marxist. But after seeing the evidence of his past affiliations, his past comments and his past activities, it is hard for me to believe. Then we have his right hand man, John McDonnell and an open Marxist. Then we have former Labour leaders Blair, Brown and Kinnock calling him a Marxist as well as other peers and ministers like mandleson. Then we have the definition of Marxism which Corbyn fits entirely. Then we have the communist party and Marxist organisations showing public support for the man. At what point do we expect he is a Marxist? The evidence is beyond measure when you put professional and media opinion to the side.
Neither of them are marxists. Therr is no evidence other than opinion, I've said this before marxism is an ideology, now extent of being called a marxist or even being friends with marxists makes you a marxist, you have to believe the ideology.
Gears265
Rep:
?
Neither of them are marxists. Therr is no evidence other than opinion, I've said this before marxism is an ideology, now extent of being called a marxist or even being friends with marxists makes you a marxist, you have to believe the ideology.
But McDonnell and Corbyn both admire and champion Marx. I have heard multiple times where Corbyn had admitted this on the Andrew Marr show, channel 4 news and other TV interviews. He describes how he has read the writings of Marx and how we can learn a lot from them. Is that not enough to confirm Corbyn is a believer? Plus McDonnell has openly attended Marxist events, that is enough evidence for me.
Guybrush Sheepgood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Urgh. People don't propose policies that work well for business simply because they're "rich, selfish whatever it was that bleeped out" you idiot. Not sure if you got the memo but you need money for welfare. Driving out business is counter-productive to the needs of the people.

The idea is that flourishing business helps us all in terms of employment and tax intake, while driving them away reduces employment and tax intake. Why is this so hard for people to understand? I don't necessary agree with it personally but this narrative you're putting forward is childish and cretinous.
Not sure if you got the memo but there's a difference between having flourishing business and prioritising the needs of businesses over the needs of citizens. Nobody is against flourishing business.

Also I don't take the opinions of anyone who resorts to insults seriously.
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
But McDonnell and Corbyn both admire and champion Marx. I have heard multiple times where Corbyn had admitted this on the Andrew Marr show, channel 4 news and other TV interviews. He describes how he has read the writings of Marx and how we can learn a lot from them. Is that not enough to confirm Corbyn is a believer? Plus McDonnell has openly attended Marxist events, that is enough evidence for me.
Admiring some of Marxs comments does not make you a marxist.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%