Am I bisexual?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I definitely am attracted to women. Sexually and emotionally.

But I've always found that I'm drawn to attractive men, like I can't stop staring at their face or muscles. The same way if I see a hot chick in yoga pants (:hubba:)

I tried staring at picture of a topless man and fantasise sexually, but I wasn't turned not have I ever got an erection over a man. But why do notice them as much as women?!

I should add in south Asian and Muslim, so I may be surpressing my desires in the first place? Idk, I'm so confused :lol:
Anonymous #1
I'm* not "in"

Damn typo
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bi-curious?
agentawesome
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't feel the need to label yourself. I turn to Torchwood with questions like this. One of the characters had a girlfriend and had many relationships with women. He then developed a relationship with the main character, Jack. He had no previous relationships with men before he met Jack.

The point is just because you feel attracted to some men , doesn't mean you have to force yourself to fancy all men. We all have types, regardless of sexual orientation. Hope that helps
Gears265
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, but I regret to inform you that you are indeed gay.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
No, but I regret to inform you that you are indeed gay.
A guy that is mostly attracted to women = gay

Yet again Gears calculates 1+1 = 5
h8skoooooool
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by agentawesome)
Don't feel the need to label yourself. I turn to Torchwood with questions like this. One of the characters had a girlfriend and had many relationships with women. He then developed a relationship with the main character, Jack. He had no previous relationships with men before he met Jack.

The point is just because you feel attracted to some men , doesn't mean you have to force yourself to fancy all men. We all have types, regardless of sexual orientation. Hope that helps
Yes!!! Ianto Jones is my favourite character ever!! I believe that in one of the Torchwood novels he did say that he identifies as a bisexual - nice to see some bi-representation in the media
Anonymous #1
(Original post by XcitingStuart)
Bi-curious?
Hmm perhaps that's a better word.

I've not felt any sexual desires before though, I've even had opportunities to sleep with men and turned them down. Although I've always found it cute when a guy finds me attractive
Anonymous #1
(Original post by agentawesome)

Thanks that's helpful. Makes more sense, you're attracted to or fall whoever based on the individual? As opposed to having a set criteria or preference.
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hmm perhaps that's a better word.

I've not felt any sexual desires before though, I've even had opportunities to sleep with men and turned them down. Although I've always found it cute when a guy finds me attractive
Sexuality changes, I believe. The nuances of sexual behaviour mostly, and fetishes, but also your sexual orientation.

(I don't know how much this is universally believed or not but) there's such thing called 'fluid sexuality' as well.

How old are you? Curious.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by XcitingStuart)
Sexuality changes, I believe. The nuances of sexual behaviour mostly, and fetishes, but also your sexual orientation.

(I don't know how much this is universally believed or not but) there's such thing called 'fluid sexuality' as well.

How old are you? Curious.
So nobody is ever 100% straight or gay? But rather their orientation is always subject to change? I guess that makes sense. Things we like and enjoy always change, so it could be the same for sexuality too.

I'm 21
iallhalocin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I definitely am attracted to women. Sexually and emotionally.

But I've always found that I'm drawn to attractive men, like I can't stop staring at their face or muscles. The same way if I see a hot chick in yoga pants (:hubba:)

I tried staring at picture of a topless man and fantasise sexually, but I wasn't turned not have I ever got an erection over a man. But why do notice them as much as women?!

I should add in south Asian and Muslim, so I may be surpressing my desires in the first place? Idk, I'm so confused :lol:
Read about the Kinsey scale! Might help. You could be heteroflexible and biromantic... Remember there are different types of attraction! For example, aesthetic attraction, sensual attraction, sexual attraction, romantic attraction, emotional attraction, etc.
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So nobody is ever 100% straight or gay? But rather their orientation is always subject to change? I guess that makes sense. Things we like and enjoy always change, so it could be the same for sexuality too.

I'm 21
I wouldn't say nobody is, and I wouldn't say it changes for everyone, but I believe for at least a few it does.
Gears265
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
A guy that is mostly attracted to women = gay

Yet again Gears calculates 1+1 = 5
You can actually argue that 1 + 1 is 5.
BruceJender
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was going to say that your reactions are normal to "attractive people", but after this quote

(Original post by Anonymous;59711565

But I've always found that I'm drawn to attractive men, like I can't stop staring at their face or muscles. The same way if I see a hot chick in yoga pants ([s
)

hubba[/s])

I think it's clear you're at the very least bi-curious.

I mean, I'm not insecure, so when I see an attractive male, I'm not scared to think "Wow, he's good looking".

I think, for a most part, a lot of men feel that this reaction is gay because they've be indoctrinated to believe having these thoughts is gay...

Being gay = wanting to have sex/relationship with (purely) men

Being bisexual = wanting to have sex with both men and women.

Being bicurious = fantacising about men and women - I think.
BruceJender
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
You can actually argue that 1 + 1 is 5.
How, please tell me... I've always wanted to know how I can pay £5 with two £1 coins!!
BruceJender
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iallhalocin)
Read about the Kinsey scale! Might help. You could be heteroflexible and biromantic... Remember there are different types of attraction! For example, aesthetic attraction, sensual attraction, sexual attraction, romantic attraction, emotional attraction, etc.
I really do hate all these labels. It makes children growing up discovering their sexualities just that bit more confused.

It should be a happy period.

I guess I do have some aesthetic attraction for men, purely because I wish I could be as attractive as them. Now I'm not ugly, but of course I wished I had certain qualities they have, that I don't.

But I have zero physical attraction to them, and I definitely, definitely, wouldn't have sex with one if my life depended on it.
iallhalocin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BruceJender)
I really do hate all these labels. It makes children growing up discovering their sexualities just that bit more confused.

It should be a happy period.

I guess I do have some aesthetic attraction for men, purely because I wish I could be as attractive as them. Now I'm not ugly, but of course I wished I had certain qualities they have, that I don't.

But I have zero physical attraction to them, and I definitely, definitely, wouldn't have sex with one if my life depended on it.
Yeah I agree with your first point. I'm quite young and figuring out my identity was quite hard and took a long time...
BruceJender
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iallhalocin)
Yeah I agree with your first point. I'm quite young and figuring out my identity was quite hard and took a long time...
How young are you and how long have you been figuring this out.

There is such a thing as 'believing oneself to being gay/bi/trans, but not being it'. It's a proven "Mental illness".
iallhalocin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BruceJender)
How young are you and how long have you been figuring this out.

There is such a thing as 'believing oneself to being gay/bi/trans, but not being it'. It's a proven "Mental illness".
I'm in my late teens and it took me a few months to realise what I am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads