The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

three gce alevels grades AAA in maths physics and psychology.

was your offer from keele? it sounds like a keele wording!

love Katy***
Reply 2
GCE A level

B in French
B in Mathematics
B in Physics

That's for Birmingham to do Comp Sci.
Reply 3
VCE A-level CC

160 points
Reply 4
ickle_katy
three gce alevels grades AAA in maths physics and psychology.

was your offer from keele? it sounds like a keele wording!

love Katy***

Katie you are soo snobby,

how about this?

Three A Level Grades AAB in maths chemistry and biology.

Katy, unlike you some of us are doing proper subjects (Medicine, if you were wondering) not mickey mouse ones like Natural sciences - thats what failed doctors do because they cant get into medicine isnt it?
And i am going to a far superiori uni than you - somewhere WITH a social life!

No offence intended really think you need to buck up your ideas though
Reply 5
Leave her alone, Durham is a good university and there's nothing wrong with Nat Sci. Have you actually thought she might not have wanted to do Medicine?
Reply 6
yeah! there are millions of people who dont want to go to the cliched routes of medicine, law or business. natural sciences are fastly developing and becoming more and more popular, and with higher demand comes better pay. and just cuz u annoyed me, let me say this: doing medicine u'll find it much harder since u have a far longer course and many more exams, - u'll be an old old person studying at uni, while all the rest of us will be out there in the real world earning a living. and at the end of it who knows if u'll like it as much as u think u will. lots of things can change ur opinion of medicine in the 5-7 year course! u gotta b so dedicated and sure its for u. there are too many lousy doctors nowadays who dont know what they're talking about.
Reply 7
Unregistered
yeah! there are millions of people who dont want to go to the cliched routes of medicine, law or business. natural sciences are fastly developing and becoming more and more popular, and with higher demand comes better pay. and just cuz u annoyed me, let me say this: doing medicine u'll find it much harder since u have a far longer course and many more exams, - u'll be an old old person studying at uni, while all the rest of us will be out there in the real world earning a living. and at the end of it who knows if u'll like it as much as u think u will. lots of things can change ur opinion of medicine in the 5-7 year course! u gotta b so dedicated and sure its for u. there are too many lousy doctors nowadays who dont know what they're talking about.

What a load of crap!
MEdicine is nto a "cliched" route - dont get all bitter - sour grapes and all that!

Doctors are the most respected professionsals in the world and just because noone else here will be doing it doesnt mean you can just slag it off without considering what you are saying. I dont think you realise just how much doctors sacrifice to treat little twats like you. Un appreciative so and so.

And so what if i have a lot of exams etc? I will be entering a respected profession with excellent job security (not found in many, if any, other jobs) and a damn good wage. Plus theres the ever -allusive Dr in fron of your name.

and you said "there are too many lousy doctors..." - well I would love to see you try and be a doctor and then you would realise how hard it is :wink:

SO COME ON WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING AT UNI THATS SO GREAT?! AND WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?!
Reply 8
doctors sacrafice? hah! they ask for about £50 just to see you for 10 minutes and say "nothing is wrong with you". and if something is wrong with you, all they do is refer you to other doctors. and as ur being tossed about between doctor offices, u'll come across the odd rare doc who actually is outstanding in his job. the rest are quacks. and those that know what they're talking about tend to be arrogant so and sos (hence how you'll be proud of th eallusice Dr in front of ut name!)with the bedside manner of a cold fish! if i wanted to, i could become an excellent doctor, have no doubt, what with my AAA A-levels in the 3 sciences, my patience, and my capability of feeling compassion for those in need. however to be a doctor u have to have a tough side which can take seeing sick people, people with terminal diseases, blood, growths and all the other matters which are hard on the soul, and they have to deal with everyday, and so that is not the path for me. i chose a more acedemic route for researching the cause behind the illnesses etc. so while u'll be treating people, i'll be the person supplying u with information about how to treat people, finding the cures, and doing the "real work"!
Reply 9
You think you'd make a great doctor? Looking at your posts, I'd have to disagree. Oh and to highlight a word in a sentence, you don't use speech marks - that's the American way. The British system tends to favour the 'apostrophe' way.
Reply 10
seeing as you write no evidence to back up your statement, i'm pretty happy in what i said earlier. the fact that u resort to petty english-american correcting of my writing, (how do you know i'm not american?) proves that u have nothing more significant to say on the topic! thanks for the good argument tho. i enjoyed it!
Reply 11
doctors sacrafice? hah! they ask for about £50 just to see you for 10 minutes and say "nothing is wrong with you". and if something is wrong with you, all they do is refer you to other doctors.

What the hell would you know about doctors sacrifice. Do you have any idea how many people waste doctors time with stupid petty complaints. Its hardly surprising that doctors sometimes make mistakes because they have to seive through all the rubbish cases that come to them. Some people should be charged because quite frankly they waste the NHS's time and money. Everyone sees doctors as superbeings who should be able to cure everything but that simply isn't the case. You should know a doctors limits. Yes there are crap doctors out there but most of them are good and do the best they can with what they are given.
Reply 12
Toyosi
doctors sacrafice? hah! they ask for about £50 just to see you for 10 minutes and say "nothing is wrong with you". and if something is wrong with you, all they do is refer you to other doctors.

What the hell would you know about doctors sacrifice. Do you have any idea how many people waste doctors time with stupid petty complaints. Its hardly surprising that doctors sometimes make mistakes because they have to seive through all the rubbish cases that come to them. Some people should be charged because quite frankly they waste the NHS's time and money. Everyone sees doctors as superbeings who should be able to cure everything but that simply isn't the case. You should know a doctors limits. Yes there are crap doctors out there but most of them are good and do the best they can with what they are given.

AMEN. I just hope the tosser who wrote that quote above gets treated badly by ome doctor in the future for what he has said about them - you should be ashamed.
Reply 13
Look Dude
As far as im concerned neithwer of you should slag of anyones professions. You should respect others and the courses they intend to do. After all it must be something to enjoy. i mean c'mon u lot jus finished ur Alevels! Grow up and stop criticising each others interests.....i think you should appologise to Katy, u was out of order mate.
Reply 14
I think doctors have a really important job in the world. They have to be able to take a lot of pressure and stress, working all around the clock, and having huge responsibilities over life and death situations. If a person feels they can take that on, then I admire them for that, because it is not an easy job!

But for the precise reason that it is not an easy job, I find that few people have got the job done. By that I mean, that it is very difficult to find a doctor that knows his stuff (of which I understand there is a lot of theory and material, as well as practical skills), and is kind and compassionate and has a good bedside manner. It may feel like good doctors are hard to come by, but perhaps the truth is each doctor has a strongpoint eg. one is very kind & compassionate but knows little theory therefore is good at references to other doctors, another is very clever and skilled but not very kind. Finding a doctor with all the ideal characteristics that make the perfect doctor is very hard, and perhaps is more accurate than aforementioned in the above statement.

Good luck to anyone studying to be a doctor! You've got a challenging route ahead, but the results should be rewarding. Respect.
Reply 15
The Cool Dude
Look Dude
As far as im concerned neithwer of you should slag of anyones professions. You should respect others and the courses they intend to do. After all it must be something to enjoy. i mean c'mon u lot jus finished ur Alevels! Grow up and stop criticising each others interests.....i think you should appologise to Katy, u was out of order mate.

Well said Cool Dude, I think thats what started this whole thing, the fact that katie was criticised unfairly:
Katie you are soo snobby, Katy, unlike you some of us are doing proper subjects (Medicine, if you were wondering) not mickey mouse ones like Natural sciences - thats what failed doctors do because they cant get into medicine isnt it?
that was really out of order and offensive. medicine is of course a respected subject, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with natural sciences. now everybody shake hands and be friends!!
thanx guys!

i would have taken offence, but he was calling my degree a mickey mouse degree when my offer was higher than his???

and i have no idea where he got that i was snobby from??

and i doubt he even knows what natural science is??because from the sound of it he thinks it some sort of biology??? well thats the link i made with "failed doctors". i cant stand the sight of blood, and hated every second of biology i ever did. so i have no ambition to be a doctor- its what my dad is after all and there is no way i want to follow in his footsteps!!

but some people just want to pick a fight!!! but get stuffed unregestered- im a princess!!!

love Katy ***
Unregistered

so superiour, you couldnt say where it was???

and buck up what ideas?

love Katy ***
Unregistered

how about this?

Three A Level Grades AAB in maths chemistry and biology.

Katy, unlike you some of us are doing proper subjects (Medicine, if you were wondering) not mickey mouse ones like Natural sciences - thats what failed doctors do because they cant get into medicine isnt it?

I know it's a late reply but, I'm gunna step in to defend one of the more established members of this forum.

Totally uncalled for, and it wouldn't surprise me if this *Unregistered* (don't get me started), person is some relation of "Peter" (Guest), from the "Your Qualifications" thread, where he stated he has:

"no respect for people here who claim to have A* grades and As. It's very difficult for anyone to even get a few B grades, let alone ten A*s.

People with nine or ten A* or As normally end up being mentioned in a national newspaper or television broadcast. Yet, on the majority of message boards, everyone claims to have all these A grades, which most of the time isn't true."

which caused just as much uproar.

Nothing wrong with the city of Durham, though not a city in the typical sense, what it lacks in number of bars, it has in quality, plus easy (and late night running) connections to Newcastle/Sunderland leave things wide open for variety of night life.

A "far superior uni"... o really ? Another example of someone thats too highly strung, Durham is one of the best Unis this country has to offer, and to be honest, coming on here bragging that you're going somewhere far superior (not my terms), puts doubts in our minds whether you are going anywhere much better than the joke that is the University of Derby.

Calling any degree "a joke" or a "mickey mouse degree" is plain daft, students are still giving up three years of their life, forking out shed loads of money - and the fact remains that Graduates (of any subject) earn more than non-grads over their lifetime.

Katy, the very best of luck with your studies, I don't know where the opinion of you being snobby came from, this is just another arrogent twit who wants to show himself off, and make out that he is far better than everyone else. There are ways to go about this, and if he'd gone the right way about it (naming the place, discussing what he was doing) he may have been congratulated on getting to such an establishment, but no he's just made himself the target of a torrant of fury. WHAT A TWAT.

GRRRRRR THESE UNREGISTERED USERS.
Reply 19
"no respect for people here who claim to have A* grades and As. It's very difficult for anyone to even get a few B grades, let alone ten A*s.

I wrote that, but I didn't say the above one. That was someone else. I love Kate, she's a fantastic person and I've never said anything bad about her. I was also Pete in that other message.

I would never in a million years spell the common 'i' pronoun with a little letter.

Latest

Trending

Trending