AS Level History Essay Help??? Watch

mughushed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hiii, so for my homework this week I have to write a 20 mark essay around this question:

How far was terror the main method by which the Bolshevik Leadership exercised control over the Party between 1917-1924? Explain your answer.

However, I'm confused. I thought the Bolsheviks WERE the Communist Party? So why would the Bolsheviks need to control...themselves? I emailed my teacher and she said it meant how did they exercise control over Russia?? But if that's the case, then why does it say over the PARTY?

Help is much appreciated, thank you!
bombaybicycle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bolsheviks were members of a wing of the Russian Social-Democratic Workers' Party, which, led by Lenin, seized control of the government in Russia (October 1917) and became the dominant political power. The Bolsheviks later split into factions and turned into the Communist Party. So yes, you're right. But the question mainly means how did the leaders of the Bolsheviks keep their party in line. For Communism to work everyone needed to follow the rules; like in any state controlled country. So how did the Bolshevik leaders (like Lenin) use terror to make sure that the Party didn't rebel?
Write it like this:
Introduction
The method of terror
Another method
Another method
Another method
Conclusion

Hope I helped somewhat?
mughushed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by bombaybicycle)
Bolsheviks were members of a wing of the Russian Social-Democratic Workers' Party, which, led by Lenin, seized control of the government in Russia (October 1917) and became the dominant political power. The Bolsheviks later split into factions and turned into the Communist Party. So yes, you're right. But the question mainly means how did the leaders of the Bolsheviks keep their party in line. For Communism to work everyone needed to follow the rules; like in any state controlled country. So how did the Bolshevik leaders (like Lenin) use terror to make sure that the Party didn't rebel?
Write it like this:
Introduction
The method of terror
Another method
Another method
Another method
Conclusion

Hope I helped somewhat?
Yes, you did, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads