The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5620
Original post by tmd12345
I see your point, but we might get lucky with who we train up from the youth, and if we never try then you'll never know

That's why I'm saying use them now in our run against the weaker sides(as in give them a half or a couple starts) rather than wait until the end of the season. Bare in mind(as I've said many times in this thread) I am a big fan of using youth and I am very annoyed about the players we have let go over the years because it was obvious they'd amount to a lot from the day we bought them(Lukaku and De Bruyne)
In April we've got two tough fixtures (City at home and United away) sandwiched between games against Palace at home and Bournemouth away over the space of 2 weeks. If the likes of Chalobah are not seeing significant minutes during those games then there's no hope.

Speaking of youths, there's a very interesting article regarding Lewis Baker going round on twitter at the moment bit.ly/2lCcb6I . I found it a fascinating read and I remember a few years back someone here asked which youths were most likely to make it here and he was top of my list. I'm actually 50/50 on him making it now though. He's basically a Fabregas type of player and Cesc doesn't even see the field as much as he should. Baker definitely needs a loan at a premiership side next season though. We know he's great technically, good at set pieces and can score goals but it's unclear whether he'd be able to cope with the physical demands of playing midfield in the PL.
What a **** goal to concede just before half time. Moses shouldn't be marking Llorente, that doesn't even make any sense. Game should've been out of sight already
absolutely dominated the half and we've let in an equaliser with the last kick of the first half. Poor defending
Reply 5624
Moses lol. Definitely poor decision to get him to mark Llorente, the non defender against the classic striker.

We seem to be dropping off quickly as the season goes on, guess the players are on holiday in their mind already. Lets see if Conte can whip them back into shape.
Original post by mhsc
Moses lol. Definitely poor decision to get him to mark Llorente, the non defender against the classic striker.

We seem to be dropping off quickly as the season goes on, guess the players are on holiday in their mind already. Lets see if Conte can whip them back into shape.

they just looked disorganised, before it was taken you saw everyone pointing around and it looked as though no-one really knew who they were marking? There was another player unmarked at the back post too iirc

still we should win, we've got far more than them and played very well so far, even if we only scored one.
Pretty blatant penalty claim denied and then you go up the other end and score from a goalkeeping howler 😂

I'd be much more salty about this if you didn't have the league wrapped up already :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swansea were unlucky not to get a penalty, looked clear to me

saying that we fully deserved to win but that doesn't stop it being a bit lucky!
Fabregas man of the match. If we are playing a team not in the top 6 then he has to start.
Reply 5629
Original post by Lúcio
Pretty blatant penalty claim denied and then you go up the other end and score from a goalkeeping howler 😂

I'd be much more salty about this if you didn't have the league wrapped up already :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice to get the win, now can relax and wait for the others to lose lol feels good man
Original post by Skkc16
Fabregas man of the match. If we are playing a team not in the top 6 then he has to start.

he ran the show, bit unlucky not to have a hattrick really with that Fabianski save and hitting the bar!
Original post by stirkee
he ran the show, bit unlucky not to have a hattrick really with that Fabianski save and hitting the bar!

Typical of Fabianski to make some great saves and then concede a howler :biggrin:
Original post by Skkc16
Typical of Fabianski to make some great saves and then concede a howler :biggrin:

yeah haha. that second one especially to deny hazard was a superb save, crazy how he can go from that to fumbling one in 15minutes later!
Original post by Dexa
nice to get the win, now can relax and wait for the others to lose lol feels good man

Yeah, I never know how I feel about playing early.

If you lose it just ruins your entire weekend, but if you win it must be so nice when you can just chill and watch Liverpool bottle it against a relegation side :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been to several FA cup games this season and won 2 tickets for Swansea game via Fantasy Football, had an excellent view of the entire pitch in the upper-West stand, but must say Matthew Harding is rocking every single time I've been there :smile:

Anyone here a season ticket-holder / True Blue Member - I want to ask how easy it is to get tickets for a home game if you buy True Blue Membership, I presume most of them sell out in a few hours?

* Watching it live, Alonso was comfortably our worst player, in the first half he had oceans of space but created little offensively and defensively he was shoddy.
* Hazard not ruthless enough, needs to shoot more!
* Pedro / Fabregas / Kante / Azpilicueta had excellent games (Luiz made 1 error which could have been fatal).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Windies
Been to several FA cup games this season and won 2 tickets for Swansea game via Fantasy Football, had an excellent view of the entire pitch in the upper-West stand, but must say Matthew Harding is rocking every single time I've been there :smile:

Anyone here a season ticket-holder / True Blue Member - I want to ask how easy it is to get tickets for a home game if you buy True Blue Membership, I presume most of them sell out in a few hours?

* Watching it live, Alonso was comfortably our worst player, in the first half he had oceans of space but created little offensively and defensively he was shoddy.
* Pedro / Fabregas / Kante / Azpilicueta had excellent games (Luiz made 1 error which could have been fatal).

Agree about Hazard, he's always been like that though. So many times where you wish he'd had a shot rather than tried to put it on a plate for someone else.

Pedro has been superb all season tbh. Last season he seemed to run around like a headless chicken at times but this season he's been one of our best players I think!
Original post by Windies

It can be tricky to get tickets to home games. You generally need to wake up about 6.50 am and get in the 'virtual queue'. The queue is apparently completely random and NOT dependent on when you join it. At some point in the next 1-2 hours you will get through to the login page and then you should hopefully be able to buy a ticket. This is if it's not a big game though, which is then decided by loyalty points but the same process generally applies.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5637
Romeu seems to me like one of them guys we messed up by not keeping him. Composed on the ball busquetts like and he smells danger really well.

Anyway transfer list this summer should be something along the lines of:

Mendy
Central midfielder
Cedric
Marquee winger.

Would like to see willian in the centre of midfield. He'd solve a lot of problems there.

Although I'd like to see chalobah play more, he could be like a new signing for us. Knowing conte if you aren't playing then there is a plausible reason.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hmm not dodgy at all..

How Chelsea’s links to Vitesse Arnhem run deeper than the public was told

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/28/chelsea-vitesse-arnhem-links-deeper-public-told
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Is Roman Abramovich essentially the Pablo Escobar of Oil, but actually did better to legitimise his dealings rather than foolishly try to become president of his country?

Escobar was burying money.

Thats a wavy level of rich.

Latest