The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

ESA and OU course ?

Hi,

I am thinking about applying for a part-time computing course and I am claiming ESA due to mental health issues due to an abusive childhood, I also have social anxiety and I am a pyromaniac - I got suspended from college for setting something on fire.

I called them and they said that you have to write in and tell them if you want to study and I have been stressed for the past couple of days and my fire setting have been non-existent but it has returned and I am terrified of going out for another review and I am terrified of going back to where I started.

What do I do ? I am supposed to apply for student tuition fee and book my place for November or I won't be able to study.

Part-time student can't apply for student grants or loan other than tuition fee.
Original post by Nobosy_cared
Hi,

I am thinking about applying for a part-time computing course and I am claiming ESA due to mental health issues due to an abusive childhood, I also have social anxiety and I am a pyromaniac - I got suspended from college for setting something on fire.

I called them and they said that you have to write in and tell them if you want to study and I have been stressed for the past couple of days and my fire setting have been non-existent but it has returned and I am terrified of going out for another review and I am terrified of going back to where I started.

What do I do ? I am supposed to apply for student tuition fee and book my place for November or I won't be able to study.

Part-time student can't apply for student grants or loan other than tuition fee.

You would need to talk to the job centre about the ESA with studying. I personally never qualified for both, and had to go onto 'part time's JSA and eventually found a part time job as well so didn't need the JSA or ESA.

But if just researching it has affected you like this then maybe now isn't the time to do it, maybe you need a bit longer to recover. You could always have a look at the access modules, or some of the free modules to ease yourself in. As they're free it won't really affect your claim.

When you've registered for the OU module(s) you want to do and then apply for SFE (if you're in England), obviously the part time section, and once the OU confirm to SFE you're enrolled on your course after the start date SFE will send the money to the OU.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hi I'm looking to do the same with the ou ,, anyluck finding out any info ?

Quick Reply

Latest