The Student Room Group

What game is she playing?

So there is this girl I met a long time ago and we had a lot of exchanges via text.

Around 2 months ago, we had a good conversation and since I was busy, I ended the convo by sending her a message about arranging a meet up.

I then get a message today by her saying "how are you?"

I'm baffled. Can anyone shed light on this?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So there is this girl I met a long time ago and we had a lot of exchanges via text.

Around 2 months ago, we had a good conversation and since I was busy, I ended the convo by sending her a message about arranging a meet up.

I then get a message today by her saying "how are you?"

I'm baffled. Can anyone shed light on this?

Maybe she got scared at the thought of meeting you? Then realised she missed talking to you. Just ask!
Reply 2
Original post by MonicaR
Maybe she got scared at the thought of meeting you? Then realised she missed talking to you. Just ask!

Perhaps, but in what way can i ask her?

It just seems a bit confusing, considering she wanted to meet up a while back, but I couldn't because I was kind of busy.
Reply 3
Perhaps, but in what way can i ask her?

It just seems a bit confusing, considering she wanted to meet up a while back, but I couldn't because I was kind of busy.

Well, it depends. How did the contact end? If she ended it, ask why she stopped talking to you. If it was mutual, ask something like "why did we stop talking?" You could just go with it, and ask later on, if you guys still get along. :smile: After all, there could be a lot of reasons. Insecurity, doubt, or even a boyfriend.. Seems like she's still interested, tho :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MonicaR
Well, it depends. How did the contact end? If she ended it, ask why she stopped talking to you. If it was mutual, ask something like "why did we stop talking?" You could just go with it, and ask later on, if you guys still get along. :smile: After all, there could be a lot of reasons. Insecurity, doubt, or even a boyfriend.. Seems like she's still interested, tho :smile:

What do you mean about "how did the contact end" ?

What i'm saying is that it's kinda weird that she ignored my meetup message but proceeded to ask about how I am after 2 months.

She's single though.
Reply 5
Original post by MonicaR

What do you suggest i do in the meantime? :smile:
Reply 6
Oh
What do you mean about "how did the contact end" ?

What i'm saying is that it's kinda weird that she ignored my meetup message but proceeded to ask about how I am after 2 months.

She's single though.

Oh, okey, I didn't see how the contact ended, but now I see! If she just ignored the message about the meetup, chances are she got scared, tried to figure out how to answer you, and when she realised a couple of days had passed, she was too scared to answer because it'd gone too long.

I understand why you think it's weird tho, it's not something people should do. In the meantime, just talk to her. Ask her how she's been, since its been so long :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MonicaR
Oh

Oh, okey, I didn't see how the contact ended, but now I see! If she just ignored the message about the meetup, chances are she got scared, tried to figure out how to answer you, and when she realised a couple of days had passed, she was too scared to answer because it'd gone too long.

I understand why you think it's weird tho, it's not something people should do. In the meantime, just talk to her. Ask her how she's been, since its been so long :smile:

The thing about the "scared" bit confuses me, because she herself months ago asked to meet up, but i couldn't since i was busy.

Ok i'll try! i'll see how it goes from here.Tbf, I kinda lost interest because of that.

If she atleast gave me a straight yes or no answer, i'd be content haha.
Reply 8
The thing about the "scared" bit confuses me, because she herself months ago asked to meet up, but i couldn't since i was busy.

Ok i'll try! i'll see how it goes from here.Tbf, I kinda lost interest because of that.

If she atleast gave me a straight yes or no answer, i'd be content haha.

Scared, as in regret or scared she wouldn't be what you expected, or you be what she expected. I wouldn't give it much energy if she doesn't try hard, stuff like that is a turn-off. You deserve an answer! Hahah
Reply 9
Original post by MonicaR
Scared, as in regret or scared she wouldn't be what you expected, or you be what she expected. I wouldn't give it much energy if she doesn't try hard, stuff like that is a turn-off. You deserve an answer! Hahah

thank you!!! :biggrin:

Do you mind if I pm you for more advice? :biggrin:
Reply 10
thank you!!! :biggrin:

Do you mind if I pm you for more advice? :biggrin:

Sure, go ahead :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending