The Student Room Group

Did anyone else apply for SAAS in August?

I applied on the 28th August, apparently they are processing that month's applications but refuse to say what dates they are currently working on.

If you applied in August and already received your loan, what date did you actually apply?

Yeah, I know I applied late, but to be fair I wasn't expecting to go to uni this year so it was all a bit last-minute...
Reply 1
I actually applied away back in April but because I had to send in extra documents my application has been put back to the 20th August. I haven't received mines either but whenever I've phoned up they said Augusts applications should be finished by my October. Going by that I'm hoping to get mines this week at some point. Wish they would tell me what date they are on so far
Reply 2
Original post by MHYMR123
I actually applied away back in April but because I had to send in extra documents my application has been put back to the 20th August. I haven't received mines either but whenever I've phoned up they said Augusts applications should be finished by my October. Going by that I'm hoping to get mines this week at some point. Wish they would tell me what date they are on so far

I know, everytime I've tried to ask what date they are working on they just give me the standard reply "we are currently processing August applications and will be finished these by mid-October." I'm like, "could you not just give me a tiny clue" lol :biggrin:
Reply 3
I applied the 17 th august and got processed on friday. However how long does it take the slc to process my loan?
Reply 4
Original post by Thmkrr11
I applied the 17 th august and got processed on friday. However how long does it take the slc to process my loan?

Usually what happens is you get an award notice on your SAAS account to print off and take into uni, and it gets electronically scanned through to SLC. The money should hit your account 3-5 days later.
Reply 5
From watching the SAAS facebook page, it seems they are currently processing 23rd August.
Reply 6
Original post by SonicYoof
Usually what happens is you get an award notice on your SAAS account to print off and take into uni, and it gets electronically scanned through to SLC. The money should hit your account 3-5 days later.

I just got my award letter on my online account today, but it doesn't say anything about needing to get it scanned; should i still take it in with me?
I also got my award letter three days ago, says that I am to wait to hear from SLC about my payment plan... Do I have to do anything? Or just wait?
Reply 8
Original post by Anderson96
I also got my award letter three days ago, says that I am to wait to hear from SLC about my payment plan... Do I have to do anything? Or just wait?

I DMd Saas on Twitter (lol) and they said to phone up and ask whether I'd need to take it in to get scanned or just give student services my SLC reference number (as apparently more unis prefer that), so yeah they do definitely need either the letter or the number in order for your payment to get released (I was told it'll be 5 days, though SLC said 3).
Phoned up the slc and said I was meant to be paid on 21st but they are validating my national insurance number, said once it's validated money will be in 3-5 days. Yaldi! Soon as it's in I'm booking a bloody holiday. Haha.
Reply 10
Hu I applied 26 August I have just received award letter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending