Best undergraduate University to go to Harvard Business School?!

Watch
Dr R
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, so the title says it all. I'm applying for a Business management BSc in the UK, and hope to progress onto a top uni for my masters, possibly Harvard.

The problem is, I don't know where I should do my undergraduate course at? I tried to find some info on preferred UK unis by Harvard, but I don't think that there is even such a thing. I am planning on going to Cass Business School, City University London, but I'm not so sure on its reputation now other possible options include Manchester business school. I can also go to KCL or Queen Mary, although I feel that they excel more at science-based degrees.

Does anyone have any possibly helpful information? Thanks
LadyBugMery
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Take a university with a better known and prestigious brand. City has a good business school but is not known abroad as it is not well ranked internationally.
Dr R
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadyBugMery)
Take a university with a better known and prestigious brand. City has a good business school but is not known abroad as it is not well ranked internationally.
do you think they will consider it as just City university, or may they see Cass as a separate institute?
LadyBugMery
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cass is still City University
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cass is good for business. American business schools won't care where you went, just that you have excellent grades. Having some extra-curriculars will probably enhance your eventual application. You're still a few years away from applying yet, so just concentrate on school then your undergraduate degree before you start thinking about a masters. Your life plans and goals could change along the way! You should start saving now...
LadyBugMery
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well a 1st at Herriott Watt, Nothingham Trent or UWE is not gonna get you anywhere in the top 50 MBAs. While a 2.2 or 2.1 at Cambridge, Oxford, King's, UCL, LSE or Warwick, will
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well a 1st at Herriott Watt, Nothingham Trent or UWE is not gonna get you anywhere in the top 50 MBAs. While a 2.2 or 2.1 at Cambridge, Oxford, King's, UCL, LSE or Warwick, will
That's utter nonsense. Please stop passing off your uninformed opinions as fact. Do you even have any experience applying for business degrees anywhere?
Ahmed766
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...=false+search=
I suggest using QS rankings, I think they're pretty good and reliable and don't fluctuate too much.
Dr R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
Cass is good for business. American business schools won't care where you went, just that you have excellent grades. Having some extra-curriculars will probably enhance your eventual application. You're still a few years away from applying yet, so just concentrate on school then your undergraduate degree before you start thinking about a masters. Your life plans and goals could change along the way! You should start saving now...
Thanks! Do you have any advice on what kind of extra curricular I should be doing during my time at uni to enhance future applications?
Dr R
Rep:
?
After doing some research I found a list of the undergrad schools the current Harvard class attended, and many are not even in the top 100. Therefore I think they look at each application individually and don't just judge based on the name
Dr R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ahmed766)
http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...=false+search=
I suggest using QS rankings, I think they're pretty good and reliable and don't fluctuate too much.
I think this list is for postgrad, but Cass is still ranked quite highly. Thanks!
h3110
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr R)
After doing some research I found a list of the undergrad schools the current Harvard class attended, and many are not even in the top 100. Therefore I think they look at each application individually and don't just judge based on the name
Can you show the list please? I am interested too
Anonynmous
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr R)
ignore some of the stupid posters

Mate, cass gets ppl in m7 MBAs and top ones here including LBS

Look at linkedin profiles.
Dr R
Rep:
?
(Original post by h3110)
Can you show the list please? I am interested too
http://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/cl...titutions.aspx

here you go, what do you think? I think it shows the importance they hold for diversity- they don't just scout for people from the top 10 schools, or they would end up with clones lol
Dr R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonynmous)
ignore some of the stupid posters

Mate, cass gets ppl in m7 MBAs and top ones here including LBS

Look at linkedin profiles.
Thank you for that! what does ''m7'' mean?

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go for BSc Management at Cass, do you have any tips for me at undergrad to make the most of it?

Also, can you post the Linkedin links, I haven't managed to find them, and would like to check out their profiles
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr R)
Thank you for that! what does ''m7'' mean?

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go for BSc Management at Cass, do you have any tips for me at undergrad to make the most of it?

Also, can you post the Linkedin links, I haven't managed to find them, and would like to check out their profiles
M7 = the top 7 US MBA programs

Do a google search bro, gonna need to have solid research skills if you want to get into Harvard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Princepieman)

Do a google search bro, gonna need to have solid research skills if you want to get into Harvard

Posted from TSR Mobile
M7 is also a motorway in Ireland.
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Melancholy)
M7 is also a motorway in Ireland.
Congratulations Sherlock
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
*Shamrock
Dr R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Princepieman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha thanks, I've read around the topic a lot and hadn't come across the M7 so I was wandering if the person miswrote- but now I know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (614)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (763)
41.97%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (361)
19.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed