Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i've just been writing up a draft essay that i have an assessment in on monday the question is "discuss the biological approaches explanations to schizophrenia." - i have explained the three key assumptions i.e. Genetics, the dopamine hypothesis, and neuroanatomy (abnormalities in the brain) i've used studies such as; Gottesman (1991) Tierani (1991) and Woodruff (1997) along with using drug use (antipsychotics) as evaluation.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to conclude the essay properly or give me any tips on what to actually write at the end. This is only my second time writing a Psychology essay in A2 and the layout is obviously a lot different to AS and i'm hoping (needing) an A grade. So any help on structure/layout and the concluding paragraph would be so helpful.

many thanks from, budding Psychologist in need!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambergraver)
    Hi guys, i've just been writing up a draft essay that i have an assessment in on monday the question is "discuss the biological approaches explanations to schizophrenia." - i have explained the three key assumptions i.e. Genetics, the dopamine hypothesis, and neuroanatomy (abnormalities in the brain) i've used studies such as; Gottesman (1991) Tierani (1991) and Woodruff (1997) along with using drug use (antipsychotics) as evaluation.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to conclude the essay properly or give me any tips on what to actually write at the end. This is only my second time writing a Psychology essay in A2 and the layout is obviously a lot different to AS and i'm hoping (needing) an A grade. So any help on structure/layout and the concluding paragraph would be so helpful.

many thanks from, budding Psychologist in need!
    Oh no! Sorry this wasn't replied to in time did you get your conclusion written in the end?

ReputationRep:
    I distinctly remember typing a reply to this... I think I scrapped it because it is so long ago that I did AS (didn't do A2) and couldn't be confident that my answer would be in line with the A2 expectations. Plus I don't actually know anything about the question - I just had general advice on ending the essay. I hope my cowardice didn't deprive you of the necessary support!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 6, 2015

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.